Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz Cinema 4D import animation

All other topics about Ventuz 5 here.

Moderator: Support

MouseOver

Ventuz Cinema 4D import animation

Post by MouseOver » 03 Nov 2016, 14:05

Hi I have tried to import my Cinema 4D animation to ventuz in various ways but nothing seems to work.

Since i use cinema 4d I tought it would be great to prepare everything inside Cinema and then use the live link. It didnt work with the very large scene i have (around 40 Tausend Polygons and some simple animations). Is there any limit with polycount for the cinema link ( the geometry import works, the animations dont).

I also tried with a short scene and didnt work neither, I am "creating the animation" between frames 0 and 150, and then moving the slide on ventuz but nothing happens. (I dont know if i have to check the animation field, any of the youtubevideos tutorial are checking it ). am I doing something wrong or missing something?

pd. i also tried with a dae geometry import, the geometry gets imported but when sliding the frame field in ventuz nothing happens.

I am using c4d R17 and ventuz 5.2.0.138 R15415

this is the scene i am using:
Attachments
anim_test_bake.rar
(74.08 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

Dennis

Re: Ventuz Cinema 4D import animation

Post by Dennis » 03 Nov 2016, 18:14

MouseOver

Post by MouseOver » 04 Nov 2016, 10:50

Thank YOu, i downloaded ventuz 4 and after trying for a while now works. But, ventuz 4 seems to not being able to import an animated geometrie build with quads( this means i have to cheked the triangles box in cinema while exporting ... this duplicates all my polygons... and they are already a lot ) is that normal?

haven´t experiment till now, but do ventuz 4 and 5 import and scale DAE the same?

thanks!

mathias

Post by mathias » 11 Jan 2017, 10:10

Hi, it seems, that the object Live link Animation Feature in the Mesh Loader is just working with animated Cinema Deformer Objects. I haven't tried
MoGraph yet. You can animate an Explosion but not a Rotation of an object. I couldn't find this in the Manual.
Is there really no way to animate rotations or movements in the Live Link Mesh Loader?
Thanks

Mathias
Cinema 4d 18 and Ventuz 5.02.01

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 11 Jan 2017, 10:47

Hi MouseOver.
Yes, it is normal that everything is in triangles. Funny enough, quads and polys are actually a helper for designers but with the GPU everything is calculated in triangles. You should not use the exporter triangulation function. Instead use the command from within Cinema4D to get the best results. Plus you can see if everything is looking as intended before exporting.

Chris

gaz99

Post by gaz99 » 08 Feb 2017, 15:00

mathias wrote:Hi, it seems, that the object Live link Animation Feature in the Mesh Loader is just working with animated Cinema Deformer Objects. I haven't tried
MoGraph yet. You can animate an Explosion but not a Rotation of an object. I couldn't find this in the Manual.
Is there really no way to animate rotations or movements in the Live Link Mesh Loader?
Thanks

Mathias
Cinema 4d 18 and Ventuz 5.02.01
Hi,

I am also looking to use the Live Link to animate objects rotations/movements but having the same problem where only things like explosions come across and not the rotation and position key frames. Did you find a solution for this? Is it possible?

Cheers

Gareth
Gareth - Kinetic Pixel

gaz99

Post by gaz99 » 08 Feb 2017, 16:41

Dennis wrote:http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4173

Thanks
RegArts

Dee

:ugeek:
Looking at the thread Dennis suggested, If i export my Cinema 4D object with animations to a .dae and then import into a Ventuz 4 project it generates the animation timeline which i can use to control the animation and it has the position and rotation values. To get this in Ventuz 5 I have to export from Ventuz 4 as a Scene Archive (.vza) and then import into Ventuz 5 as the mesh loader in Ventuz 5 doesn't generate the animation timeline.

Can this feature be added to Ventuz 5 so I don't have to go through the tedious process of importing into Ventuz 4 just to export and the re-import into Ventuz 5 ?

Does it already exist ?

Cheers

Gareth
Gareth - Kinetic Pixel

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 09 Feb 2017, 10:31

Hi Gareth,

since we changed the importer completely to Assimp for V5, we have issues getting the correct animation curves into V5.
We are working hard to get that back to you :)

We are sorry for the inconvenience!

regArts
Dee

gaz99

Post by gaz99 » 09 Feb 2017, 17:57

Dennis wrote:Hi Gareth,

since we changed the importer completely to Assimp for V5, we have issues getting the correct animation curves into V5.
We are working hard to get that back to you :)

We are sorry for the inconvenience!

regArts
Dee

Hi Dennis,

Do you have a timescale for when this functionality will be back?

This feature is critical to a project I am working on and creates problems in managing any changes that happen to the models we receive. For example, any time we have an updated model we have to go through the process of importing to V4, then exporting and re-importing to V5. On top of this process, any extra nodes and logic that we create that are sub nodes of the imported mesh will have to be moved from the old mesh to the new mesh. In addition to this anything that uses any mesh axis will have to un-linked from the old mesh and re-linked to the new mesh.

This is going to add a massive impact to our schedule as this process will need to be repeated each time we receive new assets.

I hope you can appreciate this will be very time consuming, please advise on a timline for a hotfix, or if there is a better process we can follow please do share it!

Cheers

Gareth
Gareth - Kinetic Pixel