Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Oculus rift example scene problem

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Luke47921

Oculus rift example scene problem

Post by Luke47921 » 16 Mar 2016, 16:36

Recently I've tried following the rift guide over at http://www.ventuz.com/support/how-use-o ... ity-ventuz. However if i follow all the steps in the video/in the scene, I get the error "Unable to load DLL 'OVR': The specified module could not be found". Any ideas on how to fix this?

lerou

Re: Oculus rift example scene problem

Post by lerou » 17 Mar 2016, 13:57

It worked for a short time when the OR had the extended mode. However they removed it and therefore this does not work any more.

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 11 Jan 2017, 10:34

Hi

I recently purchased OR as well, I haven't had the chance to test it because I'm currently using HTC Vive, But I noticed that I can only see the vive node in ventuz 5 under the VR category.
My question is, for the oculus rift, should I use the same nodes that I use for Vive HMD and controller, or will there be another node if i change the Ventuz configuration once I install the oculus ?

Thank you

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 12 Jan 2017, 11:21

Naggar wrote:Hi

I recently purchased OR as well, I haven't had the chance to test it because I'm currently using HTC Vive, But I noticed that I can only see the vive node in ventuz 5 under the VR category.
My question is, for the oculus rift, should I use the same nodes that I use for Vive HMD and controller, or will there be another node if i change the Ventuz configuration once I install the oculus ?

Thank you
Hey your post is in the wrong section.. this is for V4 :)

Anyway to answer your question:

Yes the VR Nodes in V5 : HMD etc is the same for the Oculus Rift - except the controllers.. these will be implemented in an upcoming ventuz release.. so stay tuned.
Right now, you can use the HMD and use the XBOX controller by using a Joystick node.

Best regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

PS: next time please post in the V5 - HowTo section :D
PPS: Thanks for using the search function to spot this thread :D :) ;)