Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

VR feature requests

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

_aTom_

VR feature requests

Post by _aTom_ » 08 Nov 2016, 14:34

Hi Ventuz Team,

after playing a while around with the great Ventuz VR integration i found some missing features to create some important connections.

1. The HTV Vive ray (limited or infinite) function gives no feedback if the ray hits a touchable node. Can you please add that?
It´s really important to get a feedback if the ray hits something you can interact with. In the most cases i like to highlight a button or something. Or do you have a work around for that?

2. Position of the teleport looks & feels not really accurate.
And can you also give out the coordinates where the ray hit a teleport area? I like to put a visible object on the ground to see where i´m going to teleport :)

3. Teleport: Can you support imported geometrie? I know its a bit more complex ;)

4. Web Browser: I put a Webbrowser into my scene (on a polygon) and when i tried to scale youtube videos into fullscreen they disapear. Looks like there is a new window somewhere in the background. Its mayb not really a feature and a bug!?! :)

Ok thats it for now :)
Hope you can add some of these request in one of the next versions.

Thanks!

Creative regards,
Tom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter
Glare Productions - Full Service
Glare Technologies - Technology Service

Dierk Ohlerich

Re: VR feature requests

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 08 Nov 2016, 15:20

Hi Thomas,

1) the feedback comes at the touch nodes that are hit, and not at the controller node.

2) Yes, the position after teleport is not reset correctly. We will fix this for 5.03.00.

3) You can switch the IntersectiontType from BoundingBox to Mesh, that should do the trick.

4) Web Browser should work. We will investigate.

Thanks for the feedback and see you soon!

-- Dierk
-- Dierk Ohlerich

_aTom_

Post by _aTom_ » 09 Nov 2016, 12:23

Hi Dierk,

thanks for the reply.

For point 1 i have the problem that i dont get the infos from touch node when the ray is set to visible all the time without pressing a button.
Its important in some cases to see the ray without pressing a button on the controller and get the feedback if it hits by just moving a touchable node. The touch node doesnt get any feedback while the nonstop visible ray hits it currently right?
If you have a little example that helps would be great :)

2) Thanks
3) I will try and switch to mesh :)
4) Ok it just happens when you press the fullscreen button on a youtube video. I can send you a example if you need.

Thanks and see you soon ;)
Twitter

_aTom_

Post by _aTom_ » 09 Nov 2016, 14:52

hiho

i found out that this feature is implemented but not for the trigger mode and just for the button & trackpad :)
Looks like you forgot to implement this for the trigger if its on infinite ray. Doesent matter if the RayOnlyOnTouched is on or off.
So if i switch the TouchTigger to trackpad it works when i just move over a touchable button - but please add this for the Trigger mode also when the RayOnlyOnTouched is off.

Thanks!

Best regard,
Tom
Twitter