Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

how to use C4D to creat model sequence

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

lfchenc

how to use C4D to creat model sequence

Post by lfchenc » 30 Oct 2015, 15:14

hi all,
I have used C4D to create a model, and add the animation, how can I export a model sequence to the Ventuz4, use the MeshLoader node in Ventuz to add vzm file and I can control the animation by changing the value of subset.
i will appreciate your comments guys
thanks alot

joschy

Re: how to use C4D to creat model sequence

Post by joschy » 02 Nov 2015, 11:09

3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

Avisak

Post by Avisak » 16 Feb 2016, 21:41

OK, I HAD to register for that. I just wasted a whole day trying to figure out how to create subset animation from C4D to Ventuz4. I followed your link. Both of those plugins create a shitload of separate objects, which would be nice if there was some way to get them to ventuz... I even try to load few exported .obj back to cinema4D and export all of them again in one file (which is absolutely ridiculous, but I wanted to try everything before I start nagging here) and it still does not create any subsets...

HOW DO I CREATE/EXPORT/DO SUBSET ANIMATION from C4D? I went through whole ventuz forum and didnt get any answer. I saw tutorial for flipping book pages, but that is for 3DsMAX. I googled like hell, but thats no use, because "subset" is a ventuz term. I went through forum and saw only posts complaining about this question, instead of anyone giving any kind of helpful answer.

PLEASE, can anyone respond with anything that can actually help?

Thank you.

joschy

Post by joschy » 24 Feb 2016, 14:59

It's not a ventuz term, more how the involved 3D application handel things. On my own i work with modo and there is also a issue with obj subsets. My work around is, using maya for such stuff.
There i can load in all obj's needed and number they correctly, then i selecting all in the right order and save them out as a single obj. In ventuz loaded i can than use the mesh indexer from the mesh loader node. When i use modo, the order of the subs are funky. Not useable.
To clarify, you need the shitload of separate obj. With these you save out a single obj wich you then load into ventuz. The meshloader node has an mesh indexer to step thru the single subsets.
Hope it helps...

joschy
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 24 Feb 2016, 17:41

Hello,

you can also use "NitroBake" which is a plugin for Cinema4D to create "vertex animations".

Simply export the "baked animation" as a Collada DAE 1.4 file.

Keep in mind to use sometimes the "connect" modifier if you applied some special effects like the shatter FX and so on,...

Its donationware and around 30€.
As far as i know, cinema 4d is not supporting the export of vertex animations without a plugin...

RegArts
Dee

:ugeek: