Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

DIRECTOR MULTICHANNEL FEATURE

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.
Daniel Willer

DIRECTOR MULTICHANNEL FEATURE

Post by Daniel Willer » 22 Sep 2014, 12:22

STAY TUNED!! :D

shermanpat

Re: DIRECTOR MULTICHANNEL FEATURE

Post by shermanpat » 22 Sep 2014, 16:27

This is very exciting to see, can't wait to use it.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 23 Sep 2014, 16:31

Trying to get the multi channel set up. I can't seem to get the the second channel to connect. Seems to me be something with the local machines ports because when I launch a show the 2nd port grays out(see images below). Guessing I have just missed a step along the way, maybe with the stage editor or layout scene?

-Sherman
Attachments
message.PNG
message.PNG (10.91 KiB) Viewed 31837 times
not connected.PNG
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 23 Sep 2014, 16:46

Ok, I forgot to set up the layout scene in project properties... Up and running now.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 26 Sep 2014, 04:58

Took me a moment to think it out. Really like the multi-channel features so far, very helpful for upcoming projects.

Haven't tried a multi machine show yet. I was wondering where I might be able to see more info on the project, stage, render set up for a system like in the video "how to controll multi machine cluster from one director"?
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 02 Oct 2014, 03:57

More so was just wondering if you could point me to some areas of that manual or examples on the general set up of that type use case of a game show. Such as a Display wall, Host, Contestant with director control.

Mostly not sure how you would set up the project(or projects) to achieve this as well as how the scenes are set up to render. Then how best to get that in to director.

Still pretty new to both director and using multiple cluster sharing data and interactions. So thank you for listening and point me in a direction. Really am liking the multi channel stuff! Sure has simplified/removed some work arounds I had to do when setting up scenes for director.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 22 Oct 2014, 22:18

To extend on the previous question now that I have got more time with director. Could you extend more on the topology, Layout scene and stage editor for the video "How to control multiple Ventuz machine clusters from one Director".

I am specifically wondering these few things:
How do I set of the project aspect ratio, Layout/stage editor, scenes to have different aspect ratios on say a 3x1 video wall and 16x9 contestant monitor. Each with similar content just rendered differently.

It seems that there is one set number of ports for the local/cluster input in the topology editor. If I want 4 layers on the video wall, and 2 layers for the constant monitor. So I set up as 6 ports and use the first 4 as wall, and last 2 constant?

Thanks.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 23 Oct 2014, 10:27

Hi,

for the project in the video - and also for other projects that require different aspects for different scenes - we just set the project aspect to 1:1 ( doesn't really matter actually ). Then overwrite the aspect in the scene with a projection set to the correct aspect.
In the video, it's like Alex wrote. Different Templates for each screen to match the needs and to adjust them to a different aspect.

Regards,

Götz

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 24 Oct 2014, 01:25

Alex and Gotz thank you both for your answers. Very helpful.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 05 Nov 2014, 22:09

Just had some great Aha moments of getting my head wrapped around the ports, different aspect ratio screens and control of them.

Thanks again for the pointers.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive