Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Bitmap2Material

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

ErikB

Bitmap2Material

Post by ErikB » 24 Jul 2014, 10:40

Hi Guys,

Allegorithmic, a french company who do very cool texturing tools, have a very funky tool out, called Bitmap2Material http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/bitmap2material

It takes a normal image(texture) and gives you height map, specular map, normal map, AO, etc based on some very crazy maths. This is not useful for getting AO on an entire object, but it will give you excellent results if you need some normals or specular maps for a texture but don't have the time to process the texture in a complicated fashion and generate the AO or Normal maps accurately.

Their other toolset, Substance Designer is also very crazy cool, also a 3D painting tool is available. All is available on Steam, if you have an account, and none will break the bank.

Have a look,
Erik

Chris

Re: Bitmap2Material

Post by Chris » 12 Sep 2014, 15:29

Hi Erik,

Substance support in Ventuz? ;) :D

Chris

Chris

Post by Chris » 02 Oct 2015, 13:06

I see Substance support is coming to V5 :D ;)

Can anyone give a little more info ;) please ;)

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 13 Oct 2015, 16:46

We can indeed import a texture stack from Substance Player and use it in the new Ventuz 5 material system. Putting Substance itself into our engine in is not going to make much sense yet, as a Substance can easily take more than a frame to calculate.

-E

joschy

Post by joschy » 02 Dec 2015, 19:49

also a promising texture tool: http://quixel.se/
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 11 Dec 2015, 16:01

In the next upcoming snippet i will show some "substance painter" created textures and how to get them into V5.

I am already testing MASSIVELY Substance Painter, Create and Paint Textures and prepared an "Export Preset" to be used with SP.
All you need to do is either using the "TextureSet" to import all exported textures at once with one click, or you can manually create and fill the TextureStages.

Be prepared :) :ugeek:

Joshy:

the quixel tools are cool.. especially the 3do and ndo tools :) imho the SubstancePainter has a lot more power.
Substance has a very easy learning curve and offers you VERY handy tools to quickly create textures.
Next to you can do all the texture calculations inside of SP. Cavity, IDs, Thickness, etc etc etc .... all of them are created inside of one tool and on top of that you use these textures for your generators to create Paint-Drips, Rust, UsedCorners/edges etc etc :ugeek:

Next to Its a very easy workflow:

Create your stuff in a 3D application, just UVWrap your models, hand them over to SPainter, Paint your materials/textures while you already linked/loaded the Geometry into Ventuz.
So you can Already create the Logic with the imported model and later on just add the "TextureSets".
If the TextureArtist made changes to the materials, click on the TextureSet node, reload only one texture and the rest will be updated automatically :)

enjoy

joschy

Post by joschy » 11 Dec 2015, 17:22

@Dennis
Yeah, SP has alot of power ;).
Nice on quixel is, it's use Photoshop with all his nice features right out of the box. And really cool are the http://quixel.se/megascans which you can use with ddo.
There are many SP users in the quixel forum, they have switched. But as always, it may indeed everyone decide for themselves.
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

Christoph

Post by Christoph » 25 Oct 2016, 09:34

Dennis wrote:In the next upcoming snippet i will show some "substance painter" created textures and how to get them into V5.

I am already testing MASSIVELY Substance Painter, Create and Paint Textures and prepared an "Export Preset" to be used with SP.
All you need to do is either using the "TextureSet" to import all exported textures at once with one click, or you can manually create and fill the TextureStages.
Hi Dennis,

is the Substance Painter snippet offline? I can't finde it.
I am looking for the "Export Preset" for SP, is there a way you can make it available?

Best wishes
Christoph

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 25 Oct 2016, 10:15

Hey Christoph,

Allegorithmic recently released a new version of SP and changed a lot of things.

I will recreate a Preset, well in fact it will be more than one, and try to make them available for you to download.

I wil try to give my best to deliver it in the next days..

Thank you and all the best down to the south from Hamburg
RegArts

Dee

:ugeek:

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 25 Oct 2016, 13:01

Sorry for the delay..

i used the Dr.Who phonebox and just arrived back:

http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4433

;)

:P