Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Director Dropping Frames

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.
PerceptiveMonkey

Director Dropping Frames

Post by PerceptiveMonkey » 24 May 2014, 13:11

Using this setup viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3229 with two machines, I'm hoping to run a live show with Director. The "main" machine, the one that the Director machine is controlling is a VBOX with AMD FirePro W9000 in it. I'm using 4 of its 6 outputs to display to a center blended screen and two independent side screens. The "control" machine running Director is an older all-in-one Lenovo. I'm using it to fire the playlist, add live last minute data, etc...

When I run my show from the VBOX it is rock solid; it never drops a frame and according to the stats is only tapping about 10% of my GPU. If I control the same show, running on the same VBOX (with Runtime), from Director on the Lenovo it stutters dropping frames. I'm loading the exact same scenes and pressing "Take" and they drop frames. I did read that all the machines in a cluster should be identical, but does that mean I need to buy an identical powerhouse of a VBOX to run Director?

Karol

Re: Director Dropping Frames

Post by Karol » 26 May 2014, 10:13

Hi!

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly.
Your fast Runtime machine (RM) runs great with your Ventuz project.
But your Director machine (DM) controlling the RM causes frame drops.
Where do you see the frame drops? On RM or DM?
If it's on DM, this is normal as DM has low performance and it's only a control and preview machine.
If the frame drops occur on RM, this is not intended and could be a bug.

Best Regards
Karol

PerceptiveMonkey

Post by PerceptiveMonkey » 26 May 2014, 14:12

Yes, that is exactly right I expected to see them on the slower machine running Director but on the faster machine I was surprised.

Karol

Post by Karol » 26 May 2014, 14:58

Could you please describe what is happening in your scene?
Do you load any further content (movies, images, sub-scenes, etc.) during runtime?
Which scene parameters are you controlling via Director?

zambezi

Post by zambezi » 02 Jun 2014, 09:27

The Director machine is set up as the clock master, so it slows down the remote machine.
The "Cluster" setting in Ventuz Configuration is only referring to the input system, switching it to single mode will not turn off the cluster clock. In order to prevent the weaker Director machine from being the clock master it either needs to have a higher ID than the remote machine, or both machines have to be in different groups. If you don't use the system or group id within your scene, setting either of them to zero will do the trick as well.
Cheers
Moritz