Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Simple Broadcast Setup

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.
PerceptiveMonkey

Simple Broadcast Setup

Post by PerceptiveMonkey » 26 Apr 2014, 15:26

I'm using one machine LENOVO running Director to play my template playlist. It has one monitor and in Director I have the default setup of two pipes: one for Preview and one for Program. I also have a second machine, VBOX with three monitors attached. The machines can see each other and I can shape the three screens on the VBOX from the LENOVO (also Live Project Manage to start the Default.vpr)

How can I also show the Program on the VBOX when I take it on the LENOVO? Seems like a simple thing and in many of the tutorials, like "How to set up a Video Wall" I see it happening although they assume the viewer already knows how their laptop is controlling the other boxes.

I'm new to Ventuz but have done my homework. I've spent the previous two weeks going through the tutorials and reading the manuals. This seems like a simple broadcast setup - can someone point me to a page or tutorial on how to connect the machines. Its funny, I came across this in the manual on Director: "The default of having two off-screen surfaces is great for learning Director since the user has both a working program and preview window inside Director. However, a production configuration would at least assign the program pipe to either SDI or graphics adapter since otherwise no one except the operator sees the output signal!" and yes, the ! is part of it. When I read this I thought exactly - yes, I want to do exactly that. HOW?

thanks,
PM

PerceptiveMonkey

Re: Simple Broadcast Setup

Post by PerceptiveMonkey » 28 Apr 2014, 18:09

That does help - thank you!

Robert

Re: Simple Broadcast Setup

Post by Robert » 19 May 2014, 10:49

Nice ! Waiting for that since a long time :)