Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

feature wishes for ventuz4

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

chriss0212

feature wishes for ventuz4

Post by chriss0212 » 17 Jan 2013, 19:54

artnet node:
on many events it would be very helpful to comunicate with the lighting desks....and of course bi directional

bi directional tcp client
there is many hardware on the market which could give feedback information about its status

bi directional tcp server
like above!

bi directional udp server/ client

rs232 with raw input and output
implemetation at the moment is very limited! there is a lot of hardware on the market which doesnt send etx or stx....so impossible to comunicate with it at the moment!

thx and greetz

christian

stephan

Re: feature wishes for ventuz4

Post by stephan » 18 Jan 2013, 10:50

I agree with Chriss,
especially rs232 is an oldfashioned, but furthermore very important interface.
I do a lot of communication trough it (e.g. controling external videoservers)
Stephan

Chris

Post by Chris » 09 Mar 2013, 09:57

Artnet would be a great addition! :D I'll second that!

Request from me - Would be nice to add polygon viewing modes to "render options". e.g In wire frame being able to choose Triangles, quads, NGons ;)

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 15 Mar 2013, 17:05

Chris wrote:Artnet would be a great addition! :D I'll second that!

Request from me - Would be nice to add polygon viewing modes to "render options". e.g In wire frame being able to choose Triangles, quads, NGons ;)
No can do, sorry. Ventuz (and directX) only does triangles. Quads, n-gons, etc are all modelling software dependent and actually don't exist in Ventuz. To be precise, neither do they in any 3D package, they are merely a tool functionality that makes modelling easier. Display and calculation still happens with triangles confusing anyone trying to do boolean modelling or bevelling. (incidentally, there is no guarantee that a quad or n-gon created in one software package will tesselate the same way in another) While there are formulas for quadrangulation etc, it would have no actual benefit except for being able to show a wireframe with fewer lines, would probably be a resource hog, terribly slow and not very useful overall - not to mention take a silly amount of time to actually implement.

I would suggest if you need to do this, render the mesh onto a texture with an alpha on the object in your 3D package. Then you have the wireframe, however you want it to look, as a texture.

Robert

Post by Robert » 28 Mar 2013, 14:16

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to open several hierarchy views to compare and drag and drop nodes between views.

Robert

gabrielefx

Post by gabrielefx » 06 May 2013, 20:23

Robert wrote:Hi,

It would be nice to be able to open several hierarchy views to compare and drag and drop nodes between views.

Robert
+1

Rendang1963

Post by Rendang1963 » 27 Aug 2013, 02:53

Yes Chris, I totally agree. Artnet would be great for Ventuz4. I am waiting for it since a long time.

Unfortunately no response on that matter in this thread, so far.

regards,
Martin

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 30 Sep 2013, 19:18

I agree with the UDP/TCP servers and client nodes.

I need this to tie in with some video switching gear that doesn't have flexibility in command send and recieve options. (BMD SDI routers, and Spyder X20's)
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 30 Oct 2013, 16:40

waorkaround for tcp and udp connections:

as long as we dont have these tcp/udp nodes in ventuz in some cases you can use a virtual serial port like:

http://www.eltima.com/products/vspdxp/

greetz

christian

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 30 Oct 2013, 18:37

Just a quick response to the Artnet question. Because there are several workarounds/methods for getting Artnet into and out of Ventuz, that is a lower priority for us. That is not to say we will not implement it, it just hasn't been a burning issue (of which we have plenty to keep us occupied). So for now, it is on our todo list, but just a bit further down than some other things.