Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Drag and drop node...

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Marko

Drag and drop node...

Post by Marko » 10 Feb 2013, 14:35

Hi,
I tried to drag and drop a mover-node onto an axis at content window.
But no connection between that two nodes will be established.
How to do that? Tried some keys while draging and made the basic tutorial files. But I failed.
M.

Marko

Re: Drag and drop node...

Post by Marko » 11 Feb 2013, 10:08

Found it already. Thanks.
M.

Marko

Post by Marko » 12 Feb 2013, 10:23

Hi Alex,
thanks but like you see in my second post I already got the concept.
M.

iotek

Post by iotek » 12 Feb 2013, 20:09

rtfm ;)

Marko

Post by Marko » 13 Feb 2013, 10:01

iotek wrote:rtfm ;)
ok - I don´t know why you add that smilie to that kind of answer.
Give me the keyword for the manual search (perhaps drag - drop - parameters - node?) or your way how to find out where the answer is to that starting baby-problem...

M.

iotek

Post by iotek » 13 Feb 2013, 12:44

Marko wrote:Hi Alex,
thanks but like you see in my second post I already got the concept.
M.
Unappreciative replies simply require similar treatment. As you see from these forums, everyone is more than happy to help with even the simplest of questions, but when i see replies like this.....well i just felt i needed to supply the answer. Sorry V Team, i know you don't need defending, but i'm protective of you knowing your value on these forums.

Anyway lets not continue with this.....peace maaaaaan 8-)

on a good note....
when selecting a node in the 'toolbox' press the F1 key which will give you a drop down menu, this gives you the option to open an example scene related to that node.
Very useful....not only when your just starting out ;)

hopefully i've brought balance back t the force.

Marko

Post by Marko » 13 Feb 2013, 14:06

Alex Klein wrote:... I can see how one can easily miss that basic concept of binding...

To help us improve the help, Marko, what was your process of learning the software after you downloaded it? Did you find the user manual? Did you find the demo scenes? Where/how did you try to find the information? You said something about a tutorial...
Thanks for that friendly reply.
My (second) answer to you Alex has to do with my worse english - exuse me please. My intention was just to express that I found it out how to drag and drop.

I´m not sure where I should have wrote something of a tutorial...hmmm´?...

My way to learn is taking one of the examples, e.g. out of the "select node+F1" concept or out of the tutorial files you deliver with Ventuz.
Then I replace for example the rotating cube with one of my motor models and try to look behind the function of the other nodes. Then I change the material into metal using the shaders of glare. Or bake the motor in 3d and import in new.
While looking for lights I saw in the light examples files the function and specific nodes for sliders. And so the skills are growing.

I already worked pretty long with a node based realtime application - Quest3d.
I guess the materials for learning Ventuz are ok. It needs time to get a feeling for it - for the application itself and the learning tools.
The main problem in my eyes learning a new app is to have the right key words in order to find the way to the specific information or thread, etc..

Thanks.
Marko