Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Cluster and Remoting4

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.

Moderator: Support

Tane

Cluster and Remoting4

Post by Tane » 16 Nov 2023, 17:16

Hello everybody.
"Long time listener, first time caller."
I have purchased Core Runtime to run show that i have, but in that package there is no Cluster license. I have a 3rd party application that uses Remoting4, through Cluster to start the render engine and control and run the show, as per the documentation. Since I don`t have Cluster license, I obviously cannot do that.
Is there a way to use Remoting4 without the Cluster and if there is, how? BTW, the show is meant to be played from only one render engine.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

All the best,

T

Karol

Re: Cluster and Remoting4

Post by Karol » 17 Nov 2023, 16:09

Hi T!

The Romoting4 Cluster class shares only the name with the Machine Clustering functionality that needs a special license.
So your remoting will work without Cluster license option.

Best Regards
Karol

Tane

Post by Tane » 29 Nov 2023, 12:36

Hi Karol,
thank you for your answer. We cannot seam to find anything about it in the documentation (everything seams to be about Machine Clustering) so we dont know how to do it. Could you please tell us where in the documentation we can find a way, or better jet, how to do the thing we need (remotely strart RE, load and control the show).
Thank you in advance.

All the best,

Tane

Karol

Post by Karol » 01 Dec 2023, 12:44

Check out this demo here: viewtopic.php?t=3407&start=10#p12132
And the Ventuz installation folder also contains the VentuzAPISDK.chm file witht Remoting documentation.

Tane

Post by Tane » 04 Dec 2023, 11:57

Thank you Karol.
I have sent this to the programers and i hope they will manage to undrestand it.

Thank you for all your help.

All the best,
T