Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

3D bones/Rigs and kinect

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

3D bones/Rigs and kinect

Post by Naggar » 14 Sep 2017, 09:47

Hi Team.

I have been wondering if there will be support for bones/3D rigs and/or xbox kinect devices in future versions of Ventuz?
I've been working with Ventuz, unreal engine, unity, touch designer, and had a look at Notch as well. Most realtime 3D engines have support for bones and rigs import, and even if not there is support for kinect on some level.
Ventuz is the software I use the most and am most experienced in. The workflow is fast with so many possibilities, its ability to use cluster is perfect, and the results are amazing.
I know this would be a huge update for Ventuz, but also i think that it is something that would secure Ventuz on top of the list of similar softwares. (that and physics :D)

So are there any plans for kinect support in the future?

Thanks

Götz_B

Re: 3D bones/Rigs and kinect

Post by Götz_B » 14 Sep 2017, 14:51

Hi,

we would love to do bone animation in the future. But for the moment the road map is already more than packed.

I guess you know that many devices like the Kinnect can be connected through the script node.

The thing about integrating devices like the Kinnect in a software is that you have to rely on a third party product. You have to maintain your integration every time they make minor or major changes.
For some devices like the HTC Vive we decided to support them to fully integrate them into Ventuz. But the more third party devices you support, the more maintenance is required.

chriss0212

Re: 3D bones/Rigs and kinect

Post by chriss0212 » 20 Sep 2017, 14:03

Hi Götz,

but is it possible, that the new HTC-Tracker's are not already supported?

https://www.vive.com/de/vive-tracker/

Greetings

Christian