Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to set pixel dimensions of snapshot to disk/clipboard

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

robertwinter

How to set pixel dimensions of snapshot to disk/clipboard

Post by robertwinter » 17 Jun 2017, 00:51

In Ventuz 4, a snapshot to disk or clipboard was always at 4K. In Ventuz 5, I am only getting the current size of the render window.

Can I default to snapshot to 1920x1080 or 4k?

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: How to set pixel dimensions of snapshot to disk/clipboar

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 18 Jun 2017, 19:23

By default Ventuz5 will always render at the current size of the Render Window in the Aspect Ratio you define in Project Settings. If you want any other resolution, you just have to create Render Output setup in the Machine Configuration Editor. It\s really quick and you can launch it from the Stage Editor. That window allows you to switch between all of your resolutions/setups. Let's say you have an output that needs to be 3840x1080. Simply add one monitor with exactly that resolution as the Render Output. Once you switch to this configuration, Ventuz will render at that resolution, even if the Render Windows is less in size. You can than copy a snapshot to clipboard in the full resolution.

Chris

robertwinter

Post by robertwinter » 18 Jun 2017, 20:21

That's the way I would expect it to work, but that's not what's happening.

I have my dev machine configured to output 1920x1080. When I'm in Designer, the render window is only a portion of that. If I take a snapshot to a file from within Designer, even though my machine is set for 1920x1080, the output file is the size of what the render window is currently in Designer.

This is NOT how it behaved in version 4. In version 4, regardless of my current Designer layout or machine configuration, I would always get a 4k snapshot.

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 18 Jun 2017, 20:41

Yes that's odd. If I want screenshots in Designer at 1080p exactly, regardless of my Render Window size I simply create a RenderSetup as seen in the attachment and then activate that in the Stage Editor. But I usually also have the Project Settings in the same resolution so the aspect ratio matches. Just in case. Maybe it is a combination of hardware and software. amd and nVIdia and even Intel chips do behave a bit different, especially on different Operating Systems, as I just found out recently. I am running Windows 10 and nVidia Geforce/Quadro. What are you using?
Attachments
1080p-Setup.jpg