Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Scene Data and Text Effect

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Scene Data and Text Effect

Post by joysprod » 07 May 2017, 10:33

I'm having a problem using scene data to populate a number of text fields in a project I am working on. Please see the example enclosed.

In 'A_B' it is working correctly. 'B's text is acquired from the scene data A_B, and correctly shows in B

In 'C_D' is is also working correctly where 'C's text is sent to C_D in scene data, and D correctly shows the content from C, but see below...

My problem is the only way to make this work is to do the connections first without the Text Effect. Then add the text effect after. If you drop in a Text Effect first, then try and connect using Scene data you are not presented with the same options. So in the example above, break the connections to Scene Data C_D and try and reconnect.

Peter
SceneData_TextEffect.vzs
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

Joe Styles

Re: Scene Data and Text Effect

Post by Joe Styles » 11 May 2017, 12:21

Hi Peter!

Silence from Ventuz on this one! I am a bit confused on what you are trying to do here as well though.
Not sure how you created those links for the properties to be the targets of the scene data? I know you can create the scene data properties by hovering right over the top root in the scene data tree or clicking right on a property and select add to scene data. I tend to do the latter as it is quicker.

Not sure it will help but I've done both methods on your scene and they work if you change the scene data.

Thanks,
Joe
Attachments
SceneData_TextEffect.vzs
(14.07 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel