Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Block Text node is not working as before anymore !!

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

serourian

Block Text node is not working as before anymore !!

Post by serourian » 26 Oct 2016, 13:09

Hi, as usual, I have to use block text inside a container to pull text from the Ticker for titling purposes. I used to pass from the Text Block node to a script for further processing the text, and then pass back to another Text Block and to Text 2D to display it. It was working very well in all ventuz versions, but in V5.2 it's not passing a text out anymore...
V001.jpg
s: small font text , b: big font text, i: image (filename gets passed) , gap: leave certain space under.

V002.jpg
Now,I'm want to pass the text back to the script for further processing for special characters .... (like & ...),
and then pass back to te Text Block.
V003.jpg
as you see, instead of text it's passing (Enriched) Block Text:"" !!!!!!!

The output is a Text displaying : (Enriched) Block Text:""

What shall I do??? All my credits for all the shows were working on this like a charm. But now, nothing works on V5.2 ....

serourian

Re: Block Text node is not working as before anymore !!

Post by serourian » 26 Oct 2016, 13:51

In Ventuz 5.1.2 it used to pass the text to it between the quotation marks:

ex: BlockText: "Passed from Block Text"

I can easily extract the text between the quotation marks by a script...

lerou

Post by lerou » 26 Oct 2016, 14:18

why are you using a text block node as input? Do you need anything from it besides the text? Wouldn't it be sufficient to just use a string as input to your script? Or bind the input to your script to the input text property of the first text block?

Cheers,
rou
Last edited by lerou on 26 Oct 2016, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

serourian

Post by serourian » 26 Oct 2016, 14:20

I was using Block Text as input for the string, I just now added String variable node, and passing to the string and it works back.

Problem Solved.

lerou

Post by lerou » 26 Oct 2016, 14:22

Yeeha!

serourian

Post by serourian » 26 Oct 2016, 20:56

Thx Lerou. I was not aware that I may pass into other type of nodes... because all was working well, and I was all busy creating other things . . .

this is my own controller for it.... you can have a look at it.... it's almost complete, in my case... that's why never worried to change anything in Ventuz before V5.2 , and everything was working fine on a legacy layer, and it was very hard to find why that happened...And since I have arabic titles involved it's always possible to have bugs... because that's what once happened before ... :?
General Credits.jpg
Cheers VENTUZians !