Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Designer Crash

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

Designer Crash

Post by Joe Styles » 25 Oct 2016, 09:12

I am working on a scene that originated from Ventuz 3. On import the scene data was referenced at the lowest level which means that you can not copy container content to update the instances. I therefore made a scene port with links but when I went to copy down and create the instances (cloning the scene data) Ventuz crashes with no error.

I have also tried doing it as a container but the same thing happens. I have tried lots of other things, removing links, copying down etc etc but Venutuz still crashes.

Attached is an archive of the scene without the sizeable video assets. You will see what I mean if you open the scene and press Shift+S. This loads the scene into the other scene ports. I can load it successfully into the first scene port but even if you go and try to load it into the other scene ports one by one it still crashes.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe
Attachments
MainSceneV5_stripped.vza
(169.92 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Karol

Re: Designer Crash

Post by Karol » 27 Oct 2016, 09:16

This is caused by setting NaN (0/0) to the 'Hole' property of the Circle geometry.
Will be fixed for 5.2.1

Cheers
Karol

Joe Styles

Re: Designer Crash

Post by Joe Styles » 27 Oct 2016, 09:20

Thanks!
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel