Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Container Information Node

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

Container Information Node

Post by Joe Styles » 01 Jul 2016, 16:37

Hi,

Must say good work on Ventuz 5, looks great! One thing I have noticed though, the container information node does not read the container name when it at the sub scene level.
In the attached archive I have a containers that are loaded as sub scene instances but the container information node is not reading back the information to lay them out or name them.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks,
Joe
Attachments
Testing Pro.vza
(51.77 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

joschy

Re: Container Information Node

Post by joschy » 05 Jul 2016, 10:48

Hi Joe,
i think that your scene doesn't supply the containerinfo node with the desired informations.
First off all, in your sub scene are no container at all. How should the containerinfo node work then?
Second, when you load the subscene thru a scene port the name is always the same, the indexer will not be increased.

A smal update to your sample:
Testing Pro02.vza
(60.11 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
best, joschy
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 05 Jul 2016, 11:01

Hi Joe,

it's not really a bug... but a good feature request!

I agree, that it would be nice if the container info node would be able to get additional the name out of the scene loader node above ;)

Greets

Christian

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 05 Jul 2016, 11:03

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input but this is not the way it used to work.The container information node used to return the information from the ScenePort where it was loaded, ie its name and index when loaded in the master scene.
We use this container info to pick out index which is used in logic for positioning so that items can be moved dynamically and used to pick out the right information from XML packets etc etc.

Ventuz is there any plan to fix this?

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 06 Jul 2016, 11:48

Hi,

well, the Container Info always gives you info about the next higher level. For V5 you have to know that the Layer is also a container level.
In your scene the Container Info is in a Layer, so you get the info for that layer.
If you want to get the info from the Scene Port, you have to put the Container Info on the Layer Level.

Cheers,

Götz

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 06 Jul 2016, 12:03

Hi Götz,

Thanks for your reply. If the only way to get the get information from this node is at Layer level then I can't see how you can use it with any logic with it?
The idea in that small example I put together was to have the containers loaded as Scenes so that you are always working on one instance of the container the rest are updated when you load the scene.

How would you propose to create a leader board with many instances of the same scene loaded picking out their own bits of data from an xml packet say?

Cheers,
Joe
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

joschy

Post by joschy » 06 Jul 2016, 12:13

Hi Joe,
the scene with the right placement of the containerinfo node, as Götz mentioned.
They are now in the subscene on the layer level ;) and works like expected.
Testing Pro03.vza
Containerinfo node in subscene
(59.77 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 06 Jul 2016, 12:26

Exactly what Joschy said.
The Layer Level has a content area just like a 3DLayer where you can put logic etc. To connect/interact with your Layers, just think of the Layers as containers.

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 06 Jul 2016, 12:34

I see. Once I worked out how to get to the layer level logic by double clicking on the 3D layer Root container that is automatically created in a new scene it makes more sense.

Thanks!
Joe
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel