Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

MIDI device mapping

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Kobbi

MIDI device mapping

Post by Kobbi » 01 Jun 2016, 10:07

Hi guys,
It seems device mapping does not work for midi devices at all. Neither input nor output.

1. Whenever you change order of rows, it is updated inside designer but only names. Physical mapping stays the same. For example: Automatic order is: "row 1: USB MIDI Interface, row 2: mif4" if you change it other way around to "row 1: mif4, row 2: USB MIDI Interface" it changes inside designer but on input which says mif4 you can see values from USB MIDI Interface and the same other way around for both inputs and outputs

2. If you remove first row to get rid of one device and have the second one as the only one it does not work either.

With more midi devices this problem is similar but there is more variations of non-working configurations:) Basicaly only one working option is the default one which is a real pain in the a.. if you have more complicated project and order of midi devices given by system can easily change after restart of computer.

Do I miss something in configuration? Some hidden check box or is it a feature?:)

Best,
Kobbi

Karol

Re: MIDI device mapping

Post by Karol » 03 Jun 2016, 16:10

You are right!
It looks like there is something broken.
I created a Bug ticket for that.

Best Regards
Karol

Daniel Willer

Re: MIDI device mapping

Post by Daniel Willer » 19 Jul 2016, 13:23

Fixed in 5.1
BUG B7583 Fixed mix-up of input/output device mapping during MIDI device creation.