Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Fullscreen renders at actual cluster resolution?

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

sandercox

Fullscreen renders at actual cluster resolution?

Post by sandercox » 06 Apr 2016, 12:53

Opening a project I just did with V4 in V5 I'm noticing that when I enable my cluster configuration the GPU load increases dramatically from ~20 to >600%. Also when switching the layout between no layout and my special layout the statistics seem to shrink a bit.

Could it be that Ventuz now forces to render the resolution of the specified cluster and scaling it down to fit my monitor? I can imagine my development system not being strong enough to run the project compared to production machines.

Is this by design or a bug, I do not really know.. I certainly could imagine it would be nice to have the option to verify that the project also runs in the actual resolution!

sandercox

Re: Fullscreen renders at actual cluster resolution?

Post by sandercox » 06 Apr 2016, 13:29

Ah I noticed that I had multisampling turned to best and changed that to None (like I had in my V4) and that reduced my GPU load drastically again.

However now I notice that my 'gap' in my Layout where I do not have LED tiles is misplaced on the fullscreen preview and the darker area now strikes thru the active area. The preview is correct in non-fullscreen mode.

Dierk Ohlerich

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 07 Apr 2016, 08:29

Go to the statistics icon, and enable the statistics and then layer processing. This will show exactly what rendertarget-sizes are used for rendering and the layering / postprocessing. Please send a screenshot so we can analyse.
-- Dierk Ohlerich

sandercox

Post by sandercox » 14 Apr 2016, 12:11

Hi Dierk,

Please find attached a zipfile with the layout setup, images with the preview, and a scene archive hopefully that also helps to reproduce the issue :)

Thanks,
Sander
Attachments
BadRender.zip
Zip with the stuff
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 249 times