Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Int Expression and Mover Speed

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

joschy

Int Expression and Mover Speed

Post by joschy » 16 Mar 2016, 12:09

Hello Ventuzianers,
I'm playing with the PLE version and found something interesting.
In the attached scene i have start to build a little HUD. There is a int expression wich checks a Mover value and compare it with another int value. When the Mover duration is low ( 5 Sec ) the expression stop working.
If the Mover duration may be 10 Sec, it works...

GreenHUD_JH_V01.vza
WIP Green HUD
(30.39 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

joschy

Re: Int Expression and Mover Speed

Post by joschy » 16 Mar 2016, 12:30

Miss to mention, when the Mover duration is set to 5s, wait some rounds and the expressions stop working...

stephen

Post by stephen » 16 Mar 2016, 12:51

Hi joschy,

this is a completely logical problem.
It happens because of the exact behavior of the Mover Node. It generates one value per frame. It does not generate each value once per cycle. Therefore it skips a lot of values (especially when talking about floats). And sometimes, when it is too fast it also skips a whole integer number.

10 Seconds duration on 60 frames per second means 600 generated values per cycle - it generates each value between 0 and 360 at least once.
5 seconds means 300 generated values - therefore mathematically it has to skip at least 60 different integers to manage to get through this cycle in that time.

This may be a solution: Instead of using an equal (==), you can use a greater or equal (>=) to fire your event.

Hope this helps,
Stephen

joschy

Post by joschy » 16 Mar 2016, 13:14

Hi Stephen,
this helps ;). My mistake, the old trap...

Thanks,
joschy