Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

exposed property names

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

chriss0212

exposed property names

Post by chriss0212 » 04 May 2016, 14:03

it would be fantastic if you would use the user given node names for the property name maybe it makes sense to use additional the value type of the exposed value!
for eg.:
an axis has the name: ContentAxis and i want to expose the PositionX. Exposed name could be: ContentAxis_PositionX. Category could be: ContentAxis and so the readable property name could be: ...PositionX in Category ContentAxis

it would also make it VERY easy for us to have unique names in propertys

greets

christian

Götz_B

Re: exposed property names

Post by Götz_B » 11 May 2016, 09:09

Im pretty sure that will be available soon ;)

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 11 May 2016, 11:01

Me too :D

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 08 Jun 2016, 09:31

jjjjiipppiiieeeeeee.....

the new update can do it ;)

but......

.....no but... jjiipppiiiieeeeee ;)

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 19 Jul 2016, 13:59

There is even more candy in V5.1:
FEATURE 7783 It is possible to expose a whole group of properties by right clicking on the category in the Properties Editor.
FEATURE 7784 It is possible to add a whole group of properties to Scene Data by right clicking on the category in the Properties Editor.

Robert

Post by Robert » 22 Sep 2016, 22:37

Hi,

Could you add an option to deactivate the auto naming because when we expose properties across several containers names becomes very long... spend more time to manually rename exposed properties.

R

lerou

Post by lerou » 27 Sep 2016, 12:47

I was really looking forward for this feauter. Unfortunately it's useless to me. When I have three float values called x, y, z and I click on expose on each one of them, I'd like them to be called x, y, z all under the same category. As it is now I get something terrible like categories x, y, z and names "...Values". With the weired UI I never even get to see the actual names. Sorry, but that doesn't help me at all. Still have to rename every single exposed value :(
Attachments
bad_ui.jpg
bad_ui.jpg (7.27 KiB) Viewed 4470 times