Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Image Node - MipmapLodbias issue

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Olivier

Image Node - MipmapLodbias issue

Post by Olivier » 25 Apr 2016, 15:05

Hello,

It's great to have this need "Image" node to avoid the texture's connection with a rectangle, normalized, and connected to width and height etc but I notice something :

We do not have all the Sampler option especially the MipmapLodbias needed if we want the texture not to be blured with the auto mipmap... I usually set the MipmapLodBias to a value like -1 to avoid this sharpness problem.

In V5, I have to use the material node, set no light/white, change the texture for a texture loader, load my image, and finally change the Sampler for an advanced one so I can change the MipmapLodbias...Kinda long process!!

So it would be great for next version to have the option directly in the Image node!

What do you think?

Thanks,

Olivier

Götz_B

Re: Image Node - MipmapLodbias issue

Post by Götz_B » 25 Apr 2016, 16:07

Hi,

the idea of the image node was to make simple things simple, that's why it doesnt have all the options. And if you want more, you can use material and rectangle.
But because it needs many clicks to create a material with a texture loader connected, we created "shortcuts":

Try to drag a texture loader node (yes, the content node) from the toolbox to the hierarchy, and Ventuz will create a material with that node bound to it for you. (Also works for movie, live video etc... )
Drag a (hierarchy) texture node to the hierarchy and you will get a material with a texture stage inside.
Works also in the Layer Editor.

Cheers,

Götz