Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Center Pivot (Rotation / Scale Center)

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

_aTom_

Center Pivot (Rotation / Scale Center)

Post by _aTom_ » 31 Jan 2017, 10:53

Hi Ventuz Team,

i need often a feature called center pivot for a imported geometrie and also for a extra axis node. If i import a 3d geomterie and the center is somewhere in the world space i like to adjust it automatic in ventuz like the most of the 3d tools can do.
You already got the bounding box info of a object and maybe its easy for you to add this feature. Otherwise i have always go back to the 3d tool and adjust the center and import the 3d element again. Also for added new axis nodes this feature would be great.
Another feature for it would be great that the user can choose if the center is on a edge of the bounding box for each axis (X,Y,Z and negativ)

This feature should be in the axis node in the RotationCenter and ScaleCenter section.

Thanks! ;)

Best regards,
Tom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter
Glare Productions - Full Service
Glare Technologies - Technology Service

Dennis

Re: Center Pivot (Rotation / Scale Center)

Post by Dennis » 31 Jan 2017, 12:42

Hey aTom,

maybe the "Bounding Box" properties may help you with that issue.
bounding_box.JPG
bounding_box.JPG (16.85 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
You can switch the X,Y,Z alignement to "Center" which should shift the Pivot to the center of the Imported Geometry.
This should affect only the first axis (most times called SCALE)..

If you couldnt solve it by that option, please let me know and we will try to fix that.

regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

_aTom_

Post by _aTom_ » 01 Feb 2017, 22:19

Hi Dennis,

yes i know this feature when you import the geometrie but i need it later :)
Its a lot of work to export and import new centered geometrie later into a project when everything is adjusted and you found out you have to rotate something around the center of an object.
The center feature would help and will save a lot of time. Also when you create a node in Ventuz and put some axis nodes infront.
Then you have to move the center by hand into the midle or on axis what sometimes really sucks :) A set pivot to center function inside of Ventuz will be a real time saver.

Creative regards,
aTom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter
Glare Productions - Full Service
Glare Technologies - Technology Service

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 02 Feb 2017, 09:03

Yes you are right,

especially if the whole geometry coordinates read something like x23.325 y54.4321 z743.243467 - find/calculate the rotation center here :)
it has become a feature request and i wrote a ticket for it. i guess some more would love to have such a feature.

regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

stephan

Post by stephan » 03 Feb 2017, 16:47

:D :!: