Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Template Port - How to load a scene of another project

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

arthamas

Template Port - How to load a scene of another project

Post by arthamas » 15 Mar 2018, 22:18

Hi,

I need to load a template from another project. The master scene has a vertical ratio and the sub scene has a 16/9 ratio. They both have a different resolution.

Scene port node test
I was able to get the sub scene with the scene port node using a relative path that looks like that: .\..\(projectName)\Scenes\(sceneName)

But I can't achieve the same thing with the template port though.

I'm following the following structure: http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/V4_0 ... gTemplates

This is my current path that does not work. The important part is in the middle in bold. The backslash are now pipes as per the documentation.
ventuz://templates/.|..|169|ff/Anim/Quote

This is the full data that I'm trying to pass to the template node:

{
"@": "ventuz://templates/.|..|169|ff/Anim/Quote",
"Text": {
"Header": "333",
"SubHeader": "SubHeader",
"TextAddon": "Contrary to popular belief, aslkdjfl;kas jdfl;kajs dl;kfj sad;lijf ;lkasdj fl;kajsd f;lkjas dfl;kja sd;lfkj as;ldkjf a;lsdkjf ;lksajd f;lkjas d;lfkj asd;lkfj as;lkdfj ",
"Quote": "QUOTE TITLE\r\nLOREM IPSUM"
},
"Anim": {
"@": "ventuz://templates/.|..|169|ff/Anim/Quote",
"Text": {
"Text2": "Sub template"
}
}
}

I can't say that I understand everything about that path but the project is never specified so I'm assuming we are forced to use only the scenes which are part of the current project?

Is it possible to go get a sub scene from another project with the template node?

Thank you!

Karol

Re: Template Port - How to load a scene of another project

Post by Karol » 16 Mar 2018, 11:29

Hi arthamas,

The Ventuz environment is project-based.
So it should not be possible to load scenes from other projects.
I don't know if this helps but you can have multiple project files (VPA) with different setting in the same project folder.

Best Regards
Karol

arthamas

Post by arthamas » 16 Mar 2018, 15:46

Salut Karol,

Thank you for the quick answer!

I'm aware that it's not the usual way to do things in Ventuz but I need it to work since my sub-scenes(16/9 ratio) will be re-used in other master projects.
I'm trying to avoid duplicating scenes in each project.

I tried the VPA export then extracting the sub-project inside the master project.

I get the same result with the Scene port node but with template port node I get a different that error:

10:38 AM 2018-03-16 Error : Graphics (Template Port): Cue failed: Creating TakeInfo failed: Error: invalid sub template ventuz://templates/level2|169|scenes|ff/Anim/SecondTemplateQuote "FF" SecondTemplateQuote

Is there any other way to make that work?

Is there a different syntax for the template port node that I can use?

Daniel
Daniel
Professional 3D Integrator

lerou

Post by lerou » 17 Mar 2018, 22:46

Can't you do what Karol suggested? Use the same Ventuz Project directory but create several Project Files (VZP) in there. That way you have the same resource available including the scenes.

I don't mean using VPAs - simply create a new project file (VZP) or if you got two projects already, merge the two directories together keeping both VZPs.

arthamas

Post by arthamas » 19 Mar 2018, 20:51

It works when I have both project file in the same project folder structure. I now have the option of opening my scene in a 16/9 format or using a vertical format.
I really like this approach. Very simple and all my assets are linked properly.
Thank you both for your answers!

Cheers,
Daniel
Professional 3D Integrator