Share presentation over multiple monitors

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Share presentation over multiple monitors

Postby MouseOver » 05 Dec 2017, 10:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9pISLdBgI&t=188s

Hi, I am trying to share a presentation over two machines each one with a monitor following the video.

The monitors are the same. the grafic cards are gtx1080ti and gtx1070.

The control panel for those grafic cards doesnt have the "mosaic option", and as far i understand, only the quadro grafic card has the option. (So i cannot doa video wall with my grafic cards?)

At the moment, in the ventuz configuration panel, the machines can see each other (both are in the same group, one is id 1 and the other id 2), but when i try to arrange a layout configuration the other machine doesnt appear.

thank you
MouseOver

Re: Share presentation over multiple monitors

Postby lerou » 05 Dec 2017, 11:18

Hi,

Mosaic (nVidia) or Eyefinity (AMD) is required if you've got more than one monitor on a single machine. You say you've got two machines with one monitor each (did I understand that correctly?). So all you need is a cluster. Read this on cluster.

If you've got more than one monitor on each machine, you need to span the desktop. That's also possible with consumer grade cards. It's called surround on nVidia Geforce cards.

However, you might get sync issues since you don't have sync boards.

cheers,
rou
lerou

Postby MouseOver » 05 Dec 2017, 11:46

Thanks. Yes, one monitor on each machine, So i dont need mosaic mode.

This is were I am:
I am using only two machines.

machine 1, Id 1, group 1.
machine 2, id 2, group 1

if I create a new profile on the "Layout configuration for rendering on multiple monitors"(in the Ventuz Config Editor), i dont see the monitor of the other machine (like the guy in the video).
On the Layout configurator editor if I click on the "ADD" sign, i cannot add another machine. what could i be missing?

firewall is unable on both machines for the ventuz port as suggested in the documentation.
MouseOver

Postby MouseOver » 05 Dec 2017, 11:51

I figured it out, on the top corner i wasnt changing the settings in the main group, i was on my local machine. Now its working thanks anyway!
MouseOver

Return to How to