Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

htc vive mr

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

dotajink

htc vive mr

Post by dotajink » 11 Nov 2017, 03:43

How to use ventuz to achieve the content of the link below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYfNzhLXYGc

Dennis

Re: htc vive mr

Post by Dennis » 13 Nov 2017, 08:56

You can not use Ventuz to unpack a parcel.. ... *i am kidding*..
You refer to the Greenscreen and "Mixed Reality" part?

Well, it depends on:

In first you would need 2 Machines (for now) and have the exact same content on both machines.
if you want to use a tracked camera with changing FOV and Zoom, you would need a real camera tracking system. Render the content on a secondary machine and output the content.
Right now you would need to pass all needed informations from the HTC machine (HMD position and orientation as well as the controller positions and events) to the second machine wich uses tracking camera (to show the HMD and Controllers in first and to be able to send/receive the touch/trigger events).

This is a lot of work!

With a stationary camera and fixed FOV it would be way easier.. like it is known for "Serious Sam VR - Mixed Reality".
But basically this could be possible.

Creative RegArts
Dee

:ugeek:

dotajink

Post by dotajink » 16 Nov 2017, 10:39

Well, I probably know how to do it, which is really complicated. Currently ventuz should only support two controler, right?
A few days ago I bought a htc tracker, but ventuz can not recognize the tracker, how to make ventuz also identify traker data

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 16 Nov 2017, 10:53

Hi,

actually the Tracker is not implemented with the actual release of V5. But it will be implemented with an upcoming release.
Its not possible right now to simply enable the tracker like you just use one controller and a tracker.. it has to be implemented properly since it is a new device.

i will keep you posted if it is released.

best regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 09 Feb 2018, 14:37

Hello,
Will the next patch of ventuz 5 have support for the HTC Vive Tracker?