Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Director Preview not always showing present state

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

Director Preview not always showing present state

Post by Naggar » 07 Nov 2017, 08:52

Hi Ventuz team

I had a Director show the other day and unfortunately I didnt have the time to address this issue before hand.

My templates in Designer were pretty much all the same simple "Begin - present - end" and only 1 scene data on each scene, however when I was running the Director show I wasn't able to display the Present state in all the templates in the "Preview" viewport. It all works well when taking the qeued template to program, but I dont know what I am taking since all is 0 alpha in begin state. so basically a small logo on center screen and a full screen video looks the same in preview, so you can see how this is problematic. I tried unticking "Block on 0 alpha" on the alpha nodes but still same issue. and like I said some templates do show the preview states and some don't.

Any ideas?

Götz_B

Re: Director Preview not always showing present state

Post by Götz_B » 07 Nov 2017, 10:30

Hi,

are you using Soft States in some of your Templates?
In Preview the Template Engine does a jump to the presented state and applies the keyframe values. ( Just like double-clicking on a state in Designer directly to jump to a state )
When you use a soft state, and there is no keyframe at the presented state position, there is nothing to apply.

Naggar

Re: Director Preview not always showing present state

Post by Naggar » 07 Nov 2017, 15:27

Yup that might be the issue, I am using Soft states in all templates, and also nested animations so thats definitely the problem..

Thanks a lot!!