Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

import from ventuz 3 ?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

testpilot

import from ventuz 3 ?

Post by testpilot » 10 Oct 2017, 13:33

Hi there,

I used Ventuz 3 Express until now - as it was free of charge.
I am thinking of moving on, buying a licence - btw, where can I - and like to continue with Ventuz 5.

But - Is it possible to use projects, scenes or anything written in Ventuz 3 to be used or imported in Ventuz 5. Any Workaround - available maybe.
As I did some big work - several lectures - with it and it would be immpossible to do it all over again from scratch with V5.

In that way it is some kind of descision making for me if to stay or moving to another application as beside the lic of V5 is not a cheap one - so I heared.

thx for help

tp

Karol

Re: import from ventuz 3 ?

Post by Karol » 11 Oct 2017, 09:29

Hi testpilot!

You will not be able to load your scenes in Ventuz 5 because they have been created with a free version. If you purchase a V5 license we will convert your scenes so that they can be loaded.
But it's possible that they will not work as expected.
Some bugfixes or necessary changes in Ventuz 4.0.0 & 5.0.0 were BREAKING CHANGES (see http://www.ventuz.com/release-notes).
These changes may affect logic and rendering.
So it's highly recommended to test the scene after conversion.

Best Regards
Karol

testpilot

Post by testpilot » 18 Oct 2017, 14:31

Thanks Carol,

may I ask some questions.
You said, that it would be possible - although only to some extend - to convert Scenes.
Does ist mean, if I buy a licence, it is possible by only sending you the scenes-files for converting.

Is there a limit in the amount of scenes to be ported from your side.
As I only used standard nodes beside some math -nodes - no specials at all - would it be, that the scenes would load but not functioning properly if there are problems in converting at all.
How would the process be to port those scene-files.

I am asking because, that it is not so much a problem changing some notes rewriting this and that but for example redefining imported geometries with axes nodes and their texture would be a drama – because there are a lot in my presentation. Same holds for key-framing of course. For me it is important that it would load anyway – fine-tuning is just a matter of time.

And I have to ask another question. How would be the future. There are several software packages around the world. Most of them are compatible to some extend to previous versions. What is, let’s say some Ventuz 6 coming along, my licence has to be renewed or is not valid and I skip this version and join again at Version let say 7, would I lose my work. Just to have an idea. What are the politics in this case.

Sorry for the questions – it is not the price which I am concerned - although I am really thankful to use V3 express (a wonderful Software !) all those years - it is the work of month and years I’d like to save and like to continue to use in the future.

Thank you very much

tp

Karol

Post by Karol » 23 Oct 2017, 14:59

Does ist mean, if I buy a licence, it is possible by only sending you the scenes-files for converting.
Yes!
Is there a limit in the amount of scenes to be ported from your side.
No, only physical limits like disk-storage and internet connection ;)
As I only used standard nodes beside some math -nodes - no specials at all - would it be, that the scenes would load but not functioning properly if there are problems in converting at all.
Conversion always works! But some node may not work like before due to the already mentioned BREAKING CHANGES!
How would the process be to port those scene-files.
After purchasing a license you send us all scenes you want to have converted; we convert them and send them back.
I am asking because, that it is not so much a problem changing some notes rewriting this and that but for example redefining imported geometries with axes nodes and their texture would be a drama – because there are a lot in my presentation. Same holds for key-framing of course. For me it is important that it would load anyway – fine-tuning is just a matter of time.
Animation and geometries imported are not affected. This will definitely work.
And I have to ask another question. How would be the future. There are several software packages around the world. Most of them are compatible to some extend to previous versions. What is, let’s say some Ventuz 6 coming along, my license has to be renewed or is not valid and I skip this version and join again at Version let say 7, would I lose my work. Just to have an idea. What are the politics in this case.
It would be the same as converting from 3 to 5. Except that you would not need a conversion but only need to load the scenes in V7 and test if they still work. Ventuz will always be able to load old scenes...

I would recommend that you download the latest V5 and request a PLE license to test what happens if you load your old scenes. The PLE can load all formats - even the Express formats.
BUT do not save your scenes with the PLE!!! You want to able to load them in a licensed version anymore.

Best Regards
Karol