Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How can I see why Runtime keeps minimising

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

How can I see why Runtime keeps minimising

Post by joysprod » 21 Sep 2017, 16:03

I have a Runtime that keeps minimising on its own. I'm running Windows 10 pro and I am trying to find what is causing this. Is there a log file under Windows I can look at for a clue.

Peter

Dennis

Re: How can I see why Runtime keeps minimising

Post by Dennis » 22 Sep 2017, 09:57

Hi peter,

i had the same issue on 1 of 5 computers on a show as well.
i cant remember the name of the tool i used to find it out, but maybe the person will chime in sooner or later and name it.

what i still had to do was writing a startup-delay.bat and delay the startup for the VPR for about 7mins.
in my case it was the explorer.exe

just do 3 restarts, take the time and write down when the focus stealing occours... like i said, in my case it was around 6mins something.. so i delayed the startup for 7mins just in case.

regArts
Dee
:ugeek:

ps: when we prepare our machines usally we have a clean install and all programs, popups disabled.. even the notification center and balloon tips.. for advanced users the "group policy editor (win 10)" is the way to go.

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 25 Sep 2017, 09:14

In win XP and Win 7 it was possible to replace the shell (windows explorer) with any other programm you like. Don#t know if this is still possibel in Win10. But if: This could be a solution ;)

No popups... nothing what could steel the focus. Maybe a feature request to Ventuz, to make e setting in the config editor to start Ventuz presenter as shell ;)

What i do if i have enough spare power: i start Ventuz in Virtual FullScreen... worst what can happen is, that any tipp pops up... but Ventuz stays on top and won't minimize!

Greetings

Christian

Karol

Post by Karol » 25 Sep 2017, 11:23

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 03 Oct 2017, 21:59

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the links to the various software solutions. Unfortunately, the replies came too late for me to test on the server I was using as I was only hours from the show.

My only option was to run it in Designer which for some reason did not suffer the same loss of focus. It was my only option but Designer did well, and over the course of the 4 hours it was required it never minimised once.

I dont quite understand that as I thought that in Designer it was in full-screen mode similar to a runtime?

Anyway, I am now armed with some various software options to trace my ap that is stealing the focus in the future.

Regards

Peter

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 12 Oct 2017, 13:28

Hi,

something you can try:

Make a batch file and put in this line of code:
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

This will close the explorer.exe without restart it! Additional you need to put in a delay and start your project.

Maybe this will help ;)

To restart the shell just start the taskmanager with ctrl+alt+del and restart the explorer.exe

Greetings

Christian

robertwinter

Post by robertwinter » 08 Nov 2017, 20:43

We had a similar issue happening where our Ventuz presentation would consistently minimize 5 minutes and 20 seconds after boot up.

Using one of the focus monitor tools mentioned above, we identified the issue, in our case, as SLSTaskbar.exe and SLSTaskbar64.exe, which are AMD apps (we are running AMD boards in these particular systems). We simply renamed these files to prevent them from starting up. Problem solved!

lerou

Post by lerou » 04 Dec 2017, 12:11

We've developed a tool to help us with a few things. It offers heartbeat-functionality (reboot PC if scene dies), a remote killswitch and also recovers Ventuz on focus loss. It will also log the process that stole the focus. Very useful for long-running installations. Check it out on the Ventuz store: Glare WatchSquirrel

cheers,
rou

johncove

Post by johncove » 06 Aug 2018, 15:50

Karol wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 11:23
You could use one of these tools to find out what is stealing your focus:
https://github.com/glaretechnologies/fo ... es/tag/0.1
http://www.happydroid.com/focus
http://www.adminscope.com/downloads/win ... us-logger/

Cheers
Karol
It is probably the hidden Windows 10 update engine. Even if disabled, it finds a way to re-enable itself!