Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Presenter size & Mesh sequence

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Roman

Presenter size & Mesh sequence

Post by Roman » 11 Sep 2017, 17:39

Hi! Is there a size limit for V5 Presenter? And if so, can i load mesh sequence from file dynamicly?

Dennis

Re: Presenter size & Mesh sequence

Post by Dennis » 12 Sep 2017, 07:53

Hi and welcome to the forums,

what do you mean by "a limit for the V5 Runtime" ? A limit for a mesh sequence? Yes, your RAM ;)
Per default, a mesh loader loads the mesh sequence into the GPU Memory. You can set a bool in the Meshloader Node to load the sequence into the CPU (Ram), therefore your got your 8,16,32,..128GB Ram available for your mesh sequence.

Basically you COULD load a mesh into the mesh loader dynamically, but i would strongly NOT SUGGEST this! Your Presentation will stall 100%!!!!
I tried it even with basic geometries and your scene will definitely stall!

Hope this helps a bit....

RegArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Roman

Post by Roman » 13 Sep 2017, 12:16

Thank you! But i mean size on a disk. Mesh sequences requires a lot of space, and as a result my presenter will be very heavy (aproximately above 10 Gb).

lerou

Post by lerou » 14 Sep 2017, 10:22

VPRs can be big files since V5. However I'd always externalize large files. Otherwise a simple change to the scene will result in exporting and copying a large file. So yes, you can externalize the mesh. Once imported it should be a .vzm file. In your scene you don't enter the name directly but use a URL node instead. Set it to FILE scheme and put in the relative path (for instance .\Geometies\my.vzm). Use the file location for your mesh node. See attached image.

Note: yes, your scene will stall when loading a mesh dynamically. But as I understand you don't want to change the mesh but only have it as an external file.

Note: relative path means relative to the project file or the VPR. So in designer having the path .\Geometries\my.vzm will work. Once you create a VPR you need to put a directory next to the VPR that is called Geometries and includes the test.vzm. You could also use an absolute path.

cheers,
rou
Attachments
geo.png
geo.png (9.82 KiB) Viewed 3466 times

Roman

Post by Roman » 27 Sep 2017, 16:47

Thank you!