Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Chromium version

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Kobbi

Chromium version

Post by Kobbi » 01 Mar 2017, 18:09

Hi guys,
is there a way to find out on which version of chromium is WebBrowser node running?

Best,
Kobbi

Dennis

Re: Chromium version

Post by Dennis » 02 Mar 2017, 11:38

Hi Kobby,

right now Ventuz 5.2... is running with "awesomium 1.7.5.".
This may be interpreted by a webserver as Chrome.

Let me guess: you ask because you seen the "Chromium.dll" inside the Ventuz folder?
If so: The Ventuz Help is based on Chromium -

BUT:

Ventuz 5.3. will have a new Webbrowser node, well at least it looks like it will have a new one :) And this will be based on Chromium :)

So, if your thinking about doing a project with the actual Awesomium Browser - wait until 5.3 is released ;)

regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Kobbi

Post by Kobbi » 08 Mar 2017, 10:23

Hi Dennis,
you've got me:) I've seen Chromium.dll and your user manual says:
The Web Browser node renders web pages into a texture so their contents can be used inside a Ventuz scene. This is done based on the ​Webkit/​Chromium technology, the former being the basis for the majority of modern web browsers on the market. The node supports HTML as well as ​Adobe Flash and ​Microsoft Silverlight content.
The Web Browser node implements not just the rendering but also the rest of the functionality expected from a browser. Mouse, touch and keyboard input can be used to navigate and interact with the shown content and a navigation history can be used to go back to previously visited pages.
Anyways, thanks a lot for your answer, I needed an exact version of engine used to tell our client what they should optimize for.

Do you have an ETA for 5.3.... ? It is kind of complicated to tell your clients wait until next version released:)

Best regards,
Kobbi

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 08 Mar 2017, 11:12

The old V5.2.x Browser Node is based on Awesomium, wich is a Chromium Technology. But the V5.3. Web Browser Node will be CEF, which is the way to go :)

I can not tell you a release date for the V5.3. even not an ETA.

Like i said above the ACTUAL "Awesomium is 1.7.5."
http://wiki.awesomium.net/changelogs/wh ... 1-7-5.html

regArts
Dee

:ugeek: