Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Smooth sensor data

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Chris

Smooth sensor data

Post by Chris » 15 Feb 2017, 13:56

Hi All,

I have a scene where I am taking in sensor data and using it to move a mesh.
The movement is stuttering quite badly due to the sensitivity of the sensor.
I was wondering if anyone had a method for smoothing this data out so the mesh movement appears smoother??

Thanks
Chris

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Smooth sensor data

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 15 Feb 2017, 15:39

That's annoying because you need to be as fast as possible for a proper user interaction. I am sure you tried using the damper node. I usually add it directly to the axis that controls the movement of whatever object the user is interacting with. Even at very low values/settings that usually prevents jumps and creates smooth movements. I did look into other technologies as well a while back. This one was another idea:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/tutorial/smoothing I wouldn't use the device itself but thought about using a script like this to even out the input values. But the damper node proved to be enough back then.

Chris

Karol

Re: Smooth sensor data

Post by Karol » 15 Feb 2017, 16:53

Hi Chris!

I once wrote a Butterworth filter implementation as C# node.
It's V4 - I hope the visualization works in V5 (it's using a Rendertarget trick).
But it's definitely worth to experiment with this node!

Cheers
Karol
Attachments
Filter_Script.vzs
(80.79 KiB) Downloaded 240 times