Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Multiple Videos inside a sphere

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Multiple Videos inside a sphere

Post by joysprod » 14 Feb 2017, 17:25

Playing around with a sphere and want to 'map' multiple videos inside. With the texture nodes I have created 2 texture stages. Set Ansiotropic to 'border transparent' and have scaled and repositioned inside the sphere.

The problem i have is that no matter what setting I try with the 'target' and 'Base operations - I cant see both textures at the same time. All settings seem to ignore the transparency of the border, which Im sure under V4 you could set this. i take it then it is at o%?

Regards

Peter

stephen

Re: Multiple Videos inside a sphere

Post by stephen » 15 Feb 2017, 14:33

Hi Peter,

Probably this will help you:
The first texture stage can use the default Alpha Operation. Every other Stage (second, third, etc.) needs to use an Addition (Linear Dodge) for the Alpha. Also you might want to use the Overwrite Operation for the Color to occlude texture stages below the current one instead of multiplying altogether.

Also Note that when using one Material Node for this you are limited to 8 Textures. But you can as well use several spheres all using the same transformation, just make sure to prevent Z-Fighting between them.

Best,
Stephen

joysprod

Re: Multiple Videos inside a sphere

Post by joysprod » 21 Feb 2017, 22:13

Thank you for that.

Peter