Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Undo

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Samotar26

Undo

Post by Samotar26 » 28 Dec 2016, 17:33

Hello,

im really sorry for this question, cause i feel really dumb for asking this, but here it is.

I came to Ventuz 5 PLE version from 4 for the first time, since we are thinking about upgrading. And for some reason i cant figure out how to undo a last step, like when i accidentaly delete more nodes from hierarchy then i wanted.

I looked everywhere i could think of and i couldnt find the Undo button like there is in Ventuz 4, also tried the Ctrl + Z, even switching language on keyboard just in case. I really miss this button much :D. I hope im just this dumb and the button is somewhere there :D

Thank you.

Frankie

Dennis

Re: Undo

Post by Dennis » 30 Dec 2016, 08:24

Hi,

both versions of Ventuz dont have an undo option for several reasons.

regArts

Dee

ahmedahmed1223

Post by ahmedahmed1223 » 21 Feb 2017, 20:45

Hope in near future ventuz release have robust undo system,because i think this is not optional feature and all the CG Software have This (Vizrt,brainstorm aston,Wasp3d,etc...),and i think these software also complex one.
also it make life easier for beginners like my self.

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 22 Feb 2017, 10:29

Hi,

like i already mentioned: there are several reasons why Ventuz doesnt have an undo system.
One reason is that if you have a really huge scene with around 100k nodes, the whole validation will run trough that tree with every click you made. Therefore the whole scene will be saved every click and this may take up to some seconds.. every time ;)

A workaround for an undo system right now is:
Scene->Load/Save Options...

there you can enable and should enable the "Autosave every Nth minutes"
enable the "Create max Backupfiles" and increase the counter to something like 20.. (My Case)
autosave.jpg
By doing so, you can always hit "Ctrl+S" to save your scene everytime you want..
This will create a "Revision" (maximum 20 in this case) for you actual scene.

You can always "fall back" to another revision by using the "Open Scene", Select the scene, and use the "drop down" in the "Revision" area:
revision.jpg
You can find these Revisions also in your "Project tree" in the folder "Scenes.Revisions". Simply rename the scenes inside to YOURSCENENAME.vzs

Best regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Alexander Vartzbed

Post by Alexander Vartzbed » 02 Apr 2017, 06:12

the faster you learn how to work in ventuz without undo ... the easier your life will be...

stephan

Post by stephan » 02 Apr 2017, 07:58

:lol: :!:

ahmedahmed1223

Post by ahmedahmed1223 » 05 Apr 2017, 19:04

why ventuz don't allow the users to choose what they see the best for them? :!:
and the funny thing that the undo system is came in any software simple or complex like side fx houdini and it is not optional feature. :ugeek:

calonpintar

Post by calonpintar » 05 Oct 2022, 02:56

I'm hoping there is an Undo in any Ventuz version, please help.
Even 1 level undo that would really helpful, eg. when we changed properties accidentally.

martin

Post by martin » 22 Nov 2022, 19:01

I miss this too.
calonpintar wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 02:56
I'm hoping there is an Undo in any Ventuz version, please help.
Even 1 level undo that would really helpful, eg. when we changed properties accidentally.