Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Touch Screen setup

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

Touch Screen setup

Post by Naggar » 22 Dec 2016, 14:14

Hello,

I am having an issue with setting up multiple displays with touch screen.

So I have a project with two displays, one of which is a touch screen and another one is not. I want to be able to push content from one screen to another with touch translation.
All works fine in ventuz, but the problem is making a mosaic display using Nvidia. Since I have two (1920x1080) displays and merged them into one 3840x1080 display, My touch is actually not mapping properly. (for example: if I touch pixel 300x500 on my touch screen, the mouse courser is actually on pixel 600x500 (double width)). The issue about this is that We cannot make a VPR file run on "extended displays" i can only make it run on one merged Mosaic display.
So my question is.. Can I change the ventuz 5 configuration to run a VPR on two extended displays [1][2] rather than one merged displays [1/2](mosaic).. but still only using one machine ??

Karol

Re: Touch Screen setup

Post by Karol » 02 Jan 2017, 10:42

Hi!

What you need is currently not possible out-of-the-box.
It will be with Ventuz 5.3!

Best Regards
Karol

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 03 Jan 2017, 12:08

Hi,

I had the same problems some time ago. I Look forward to V5.3 for Ventuz solution, but in the meantime this may be a solution for you

http://touch-base.com

as it allows you to re-map the touch area. I haven't tried it under V5 but it certainly worked under V4. You choose the make of touch screen you are using and download a test driver that allows a few touches for testing. If that works you can purchase the proper driver from them. Not expensive!

Peter

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 05 Jan 2017, 06:10

Thanks to both of you, I will try the software, I've been looking for something like that actually.

Also Karol do you know approximately when ventuz 5.3 will be released?

Thanks