Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Sending TUIO from one VPR to another?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

mrmacmusic

Sending TUIO from one VPR to another?

Post by mrmacmusic » 29 Nov 2016, 14:56

How do I send touch information from one VPR show file so it can be read as touch input to another VPR on a separate Ventuz box?

I've enabled TUIO in the Ventuz Configuration on both machines, left them both on the same port (3333) and added a multicast address 230.230.230.231 to both but that doesn't solve the problem. I can happily send X/Y touch co-ordinates via OSC (using Touch Ripple nodes), but that doesn't help me as I'd like to draw on the sending machine and have this replicated with the Touch Paint node on the receiving machine...

I realise I am probably missing something painfully simple and hope someone can help point me in the right direction!

Karol

Re: Sending TUIO from one VPR to another?

Post by Karol » 30 Nov 2016, 15:48

Hi !

Make sure that you configured your machines correctly:
http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... nteraction
http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... nteraction

And both machines must have the same GroupID > 0!
The 'Touch-Server' should also be the Clusterclock-Server having the lower ID configured.

Best Regards
Karol

mrmacmusic

Post by mrmacmusic » 30 Nov 2016, 16:55

Karol wrote:Make sure that you configured your machines correctly
And both machines must have the same GroupID > 0!
The 'Touch-Server' should also be the Clusterclock-Server having the lower ID configured.
Thanks Karol, but I still can't get this to work...

On both machines the Ventuz Configuration has TUIO enabled, port set to 3333 and multicast address as 230.230.230.231. Both machines have GroupID of 1 and the sender machine has a lower ID than the receiver machine... given the links you provided above, I'm wondering if perhaps I need cluster licensing for this to work, or perhaps I have to explicitly tell the sender to output TUIO somehow within the scene? At the moment I'm just trying to get this to work with a simple Touch Paint node in both VPRs...

Karol

Post by Karol » 01 Dec 2016, 11:03

Yes, you need a Cluster license for this application scenario!

Best Regards
Karol

mrmacmusic

Post by mrmacmusic » 01 Dec 2016, 16:43

Karol wrote:Yes, you need a Cluster license for this application scenario!
Thanks - I thought that might be the case.