Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

UHD textures problem and other V5 problems

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Avisak

UHD textures problem and other V5 problems

Post by Avisak » 26 Oct 2016, 09:04

Hello. I just find out that if I apply UHD texture (like 7.000*3000px) on a geometry, V5 doesnt display it in full resolution when you zoom in. It behaves like FullHD picture instead!! It improves when I set following settings:
MaxFilter: None
MinFilter: Linear
MipFilter: None

But in that case, its not used Anisotropic filtering, so the resulting texture behaves badly in steep angles. Which makes it unusable..
Using UHD textures in V4 was working perfectly in default settings! Can anyone help me with that?

Furthermore, Ive got more complaints:

When you hit ALT key, it stops rendering the scene. Making it very dangerous during events!

How can we blur the texture when the BlurTexture node is missing? Sometimes you need to actually use blur texture inside a node which for example moves or changes alha and having it in different layer wont do it! Or any other texture effect nodes?? Sometimes we need to use it to adjust the texture really quick and thanks to this "Improvement", it takes 20 fold more time to fire up Photoshop and make every adjustment in PS, saving it and loading in V5.. Is this really the way you intended? Im having a hard time believing it.

Applying texture to geometry is an action im doing a LOT. And in V5 it takes 3 clicks more than V4. Not to mention if you want to adjust mapping of the texture. Thats a million clicks more than V4. Is that really necessary? It significantly slows down my efficiency and makes me angry every time I do it :(

Iam REALLY missing a TexureGenerator node. That was absolutely amaizing tool to create miriads of effects.. Why did you got rid of it? Is there something similar in V5 I didnt found?

V5 has some great features great, but these things are a real drag in a workflow. That is my experience in a week of using it.

Karol

Re: UHD textures problem and other V5 problems

Post by Karol » 27 Oct 2016, 09:20

Hi !

Can you please post 2 screenshots comparing V4 & V5 rendering the UHD textures?
Or provide a scene - without assets because probably to large!?

You should not run your shows from Designer - then you do not have the ALT key problem. That's why we have the Presenter!

Check out the Effect node introduced in V5.2.0.

Best Regards
Karol

Avisak

Post by Avisak » 27 Oct 2016, 13:38

Hello. For sure... (I was thinking it was this bad thanks to the DOF activated, but those screens are both the same, new, clean and default scene)

Images are here:
V4_V5_planet.zip
(778.8 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Ventuz versions used:
Ventuz 4.07.01.280
Ventuz 5.2.0.138

Iam aware we should not run from Designer, but for example at TV studios, the graphic needs to be constantly fine-tuned and tweeked between the shots and that simply cant be done effectively in Presenter And this ALT problem did not occured in V4. I got used to using ALT+xxx key :(

I will definitely check Effect nodes. I was not aware of them. Thank you :)

Karol

Post by Karol » 28 Oct 2016, 12:41

Hi Avisak!

I cannot reproduce your texture problem here.
I also created an Earth with clouds with two 8192 x 4096 textures -> works perfect.
Can you please post your small scene ? Just the .vzs without any assets. Probably you have any wrong settings.

Regarding your workflow issues: did you see this?
http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4241

Best Regards
Karol