Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Change Live Options Machine ID via Remoting

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Eric_RD

Change Live Options Machine ID via Remoting

Post by Eric_RD » 25 Oct 2016, 11:43

Hi,
Ive got a cluster of 4 Machines of which one is a Hot Backup. The Backup starts up with Machine ID 0, the other ones at 1-3.
The cluster works fine and changing the Machine IDs via live options in configuration editor works as well.

Now I want to do that via Remoting4.
I found two points on how to change the ID.
1st: permanently via VMSClient.SetID() which works fine but is not the "live option" it just changes the config file for next startup.
2nd: Cluster.Option(".VZ.ID", ID, null);
which works fine as well but can only change the ID of all machines in the Cluster at the same time to the same value which in this case makes no sense.
I tried a workaround by creating a new single machine cluster for the one machine on which the ID should be changed but thats seems like a very nasty way to do it.
Is there a gerneral way of adressing only one machine in the cluster oder another dedicated way to change the ID of only one machine?

I could not find any other dataItem via public Cluster.OptionsDataModel() or an override function to adress only one machine.

Any Remoting Experts here to help me? Thanks a lot ;)

Karol

Re: Change Live Options Machine ID via Remoting

Post by Karol » 28 Oct 2016, 10:25

Hi Eric!

There is indeed no other way than temporarily creating a Cluster instance with the machine to change the ID on.
This is exactly the way the Config Editor is doing it in the Live Options.

Best Regards
Karol