Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render scene multiple times

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

lerou

Render scene multiple times

Post by lerou » 29 Aug 2016, 18:09

Hi,

how do I render a scene (some content) several times with different cameras/projections? In Ventuz 4 this needs a setup that's done in 30s. See image. I use a hierarchie container with 3 outputs (Links!) and put my camera/projection/viewport stuff in front. Bam!

How to do this in V5? Please note the content is relatively complex and not exactly sync-safe. There is a script in there as well as some movers that are set to relative or to random which makes it difficult to copy the stuff to different layers and also using the scene port leads to the content being out of sync. Tried both, didn't work well. Also the copy-method is not a great workflow and the scene port-method.. well, working with the scene port is never fun. Never know if the scene was reloaded, also I do manual versioning (main_001, main_002, main_003, ..) which is not great for using scene ports.

What is the best way to do this? My goal in this case: render three different cameras to create a partial skybox. The contents were then put on one screen using viewports (again: easy in V4, forced to use layers in V5). Then the parts of the screen were mapped to two LED walls and an LED floor. I'd like a scene with the content being present once and the camera setup being separated from it. Well, just like in V4 with my old method ;)

Thanks for any tips,
rou
Attachments
multi_cam.jpg
multi_cam.jpg (10.29 KiB) Viewed 4738 times

lerou

Re: Render scene multiple times

Post by lerou » 29 Aug 2016, 22:47

I also tried building this in V4 and importing it into V5. Although it seemed to work it broke everything. Some effects did not support the legacy mode. So after I set up the cameras and worked on a few things I exported a vpr, copied it to the runtime, started it and saw that the scene was visually broken. It showed in the designer only after I switched out of and back into the scene :/

cjd360

Post by cjd360 » 13 Oct 2016, 20:08

Would love to see a response to this question. Looking to do same thing. Lerou, were you able to work this out?

lerou

Post by lerou » 14 Oct 2016, 07:40

I wasn't. That part of that project pretty much failed. I am now much more careful with making promises when the client insists on using V5 over V4.

Karol

Post by Karol » 14 Oct 2016, 10:33

Hi!

This is currently not possible in V5 with the new Render Engine.
But you could work in the Legacy mode with the deprecated nodes like RenderTarget etc.
We will implement the 'MultiView' feature for 5.3.

Best Regards
Karol

lerou

Post by lerou » 14 Oct 2016, 10:42

Oh no, the legacy mode really broke everything in my example from above.

cjd360

Post by cjd360 » 17 Oct 2016, 17:46

I found a work around... at least for my setup...

I have one object in my scene copied to 3 - 3D layers each with their own camera. just exposing the texture so that it is referenced from one object to the other 2. Works fine since it is a single low poly geometry...

standing by for 5.3 :D

lerou

Post by lerou » 18 Oct 2016, 06:22

yes, I tried that one too. Works for simple scenes, but in my case with scripts and relative movers the sync was gone :/