Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Images don't show up when running Ventuz Presentation

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

kberraho

Images don't show up when running Ventuz Presentation

Post by kberraho » 02 May 2016, 22:20

i not sure what am i doing wrong but every-time i have an image or background in my Ventuz project, as soon as i export the presentation and run it, Pooooofffff its no where to be found. anybody have any ideas on why this might be happening? Than k you. oh an I am using PNG and JPEG'S. thanks in advance.

Thomas

Re: Images don't show up when running Ventuz Presentation

Post by Thomas » 03 May 2016, 09:23

When Exporting to .vpr make shure to select "ALL" when asking for the ressources.

hummerbaendiger

Post by hummerbaendiger » 03 May 2016, 10:12

Also check your image paths in the presentation. If using relative paths these refer to the position the presentation file is started in (or its working directory). If the images are not in this file structure they will not be found.
If you are constructing dynamic paths in your scene, make sure to include all textures with the ressource linker node.
You can always check the log files to see where Ventuz expects your textures to be located - this is usually a quick hint towards the right direction.

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 03 May 2016, 10:16

if you use a relative path like:
.\images\testpattern.png
make sure, that you store the vpr in the root directory not in the presentation diretory!

greets

christian

kberraho

Post by kberraho » 03 May 2016, 19:26

Thank you all for your replies and your suggestions.

When Exporting to .vpr i did make sure to select "ALL" but for some reason, in the file structure that is about to be exported there are no image folder.

the paths my scene seems to use are relative.

Just FYI, I keep getting this in the log file.
13:55:21.7 Info : Export Scene ventuz://scenes/ptz.vzs is exported from memory - not from file!
not sure if this has anything to do with it.

The solution I found is when I add an image node, instead of loading an image directly into the loader, I changed it to texture loader under texture properties. then proceeded with loading the proper texture. Thank you all for your help.

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 04 May 2016, 09:38

Hi,

it's true that you have to respect if you load it directly into a node, or use relativ paths, absolut paths etc...

BUT, in this case there is a bug in the Image Node. If you load it directly in the node, it doesn't export the texture.
We will fix this...