Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render Target on a cluster

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Render Target on a cluster

Post by joysprod » 28 Apr 2016, 13:46

Have a 6x1 monitor set up (11,520x1200) across 2 machines. Need to use a render target and under V4 could get it working nicely remembering to switch the ScreenAligned property.

In V5 that is no longer available as an option on the Render Target?

On the RT layer -The only way I can get it to work is either setting the 3D Camera to Default, or as I need a camera, to set the Aspect relationship of the camera to 'aspect is multiplied with aspect of actual output'. Is that the correct way to do this?

Also, the job is actually a 5 monitor output. (9600x1200) Using 2 servers as processing heavy. My question is:- I know for load balancing it is best to have an equal number of outputs on each server, so should I run this as a 6 output and delete one of the outputs in the configuration. Should that server then just be configured as a 2x1 on the AMD Infinity set up for 1 server, or keep both servers as 3x1 and adjust each layer to only be 5 monitors wide? I cant see how I can do that last option. ie set the width of the layer manually to 9,600 pixels and output it as a render target. Its one or the other?

Regards

Peter

Karol

Re: Render Target on a cluster

Post by Karol » 04 May 2016, 13:30

Hi Peter!

We thought that the Offscreen Layer does not need to be RenderSetup-aware.
One needed (RenderSetup-aware) RenderTargets in V4 to create some (post-)effects.
But as we now have Layer-Effect we thing that the Offscreen Layer is only needed to create a kind of material-textures - at least textures which do not differ between Cluster machines.

Why do you need a RenderSetup-aware Offscreen Layer? Probably we missed something :)

Generally it's not possible to fake a higher GPU utilization with the RenderSetup. The only 'solution' would be to un-plug the third screen.

Best Regards
Karol

joysprod

Re: Render Target on a cluster

Post by joysprod » 04 May 2016, 14:47

Hi Karol,

The set design is actually 7 projection screens where two of the projectors are across 2 of the screens. Therefore actually using 5 outputs from Ventuz.

The agency we are working with are building the video content. Resolution of playbacks will be 9600x1200, and the 7 screen areas will show different parts of this video. As we need to adjust the relative position of the screens within the overall output as I was looking at using a render target that would then feed each of the 5 outputs where I could adjust the scale, position of the image etc. Maybe there is a better way of doing it?

I dont know if that is clear?

Peter