Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Slidemanager vs Ventuz 5 Layer framework

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Robert

Slidemanager vs Ventuz 5 Layer framework

Post by Robert » 21 Apr 2016, 11:25

Hi all,

The new Layer framework bring a lot of new possibilities but also a lot of conflicts with the way we organised hierarchies in the past.

The example we are face these days is the slidemanager structure vs Ventuz 5 layering.
How to organise layers inside a slide? If I want to have an animated 3D camera and some 2D texts on top of everything on each slide for example.
I can't put it my 2D stuffs on a dedicated layer because I need all this to be consolidated within a slide.

It seems there's no cross layer possibilities.

What is your approach to resolve such a layout?

Regards,

R

s-petersen

Re: Slidemanager vs Ventuz 5 Layer framework

Post by s-petersen » 16 May 2016, 15:01

thats a good and importand question, because we used the slidemanager also a lot, and we missed the easy possibilities of that too.

cheers
sven

ErikB

Re: Slidemanager vs Ventuz 5 Layer framework

Post by ErikB » 17 May 2016, 11:25

Indeed!

So the short version is: we are working on it.

The long version is: we have a better way of doing what the slide manager does (and more) and are currently working on implementing that better way (in a v5.x release). Making the slide manager work with the new structure is not the ideal way of going about it and won't make anyone happy. We do know that the functionality is important and we know what that functionality needs to be, though.

Cheers,
Erik