Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to delete a single node without deleting its children

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

kberraho

How to delete a single node without deleting its children

Post by kberraho » 20 Apr 2016, 13:20

Good morning,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to delete a node in the hierarchy view without deleting its children?
Here is what i know ? I can move the targeted Node and its children to a new empty line then move its children back to where the targeted node was. then delete the Targeted node and Done!!!
Is this the only way? Thanks in advance.

chriss0212

Re: How to delete a single node without deleting its childre

Post by chriss0212 » 20 Apr 2016, 14:06

just mark the node with ctrl + left click. now you can delete the node inside of the tree

greets

christian

kberraho

Post by kberraho » 20 Apr 2016, 14:44

Extremely thankful, worked Great!!!

BrandonMcLovin

Post by BrandonMcLovin » 20 Feb 2018, 20:44

Stoked I found this answer! Been struggling with this issue for days. Ventuz's help documentation does not explain how to do this anywhere I could find, and the Official Tutorials do not show what the instructor is pushing on his keyboard as he works. So you end up getting stuck, trying to replay lessons and pushing various combos on your keyboard in order to figure out what just happened.

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 26 Feb 2018, 11:19

Another useful shortcut just in case you don't know about it.. You can delete all the links that are connected to a hierarchy or content container/node by using shift+delete. Useful when copying a hierarchy or content node with lots of linked properties ;)
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 26 Feb 2018, 14:44

BrandonMcLovin wrote:Stoked I found this answer! Been struggling with this issue for days. Ventuz's help documentation does not explain how to do this anywhere I could find, and the Official Tutorials do not show what the instructor is pushing on his keyboard as he works. So you end up getting stuck, trying to replay lessons and pushing various combos on your keyboard in order to figure out what just happened.
Hehehe...

Just click in the empty space of the Hierarchy editor... where you have all the nodes always deleted...
Press "F1" and select : "how to use the Hierarchy Editor" ...

This will open the Help .. Manual...

in the middle of this very basic help document you will find this:
Capture.JPG
.. Sorry i couldnt resist since you wrote "Ventuz's help documentation does not explain how to do this anywhere I could find,..." xD

Here you go :)

As well: Use the "F1" with all nodes.. you can select to "open an example scene". This may help you alot to get used with Ventuz ;)

All the Best, feel free to ask more and regArts
Dee

:ugeek: