Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

No Menu bar, no option tab

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

kberraho

No Menu bar, no option tab

Post by kberraho » 12 Apr 2016, 16:09

Hello all,

i have downloaded the trial version of Ventuz 5, however since i am a new user i have been using the tutorials from the Main Ventuz website to learn, (Thanks for the resources), i am having problems finding the Menu bar as sometime the tutorial refer to it. but all i have are 3 options, Scene Edit View. can anyone guide me on why that might be happening? thanks in advance.

kberraho

Re: No Menu bar, no option tab

Post by kberraho » 13 Apr 2016, 14:17

Good morning,

Much appreciate it for that trick, i have tried what you mentioned but still have the same issue, i have windows 7, scaling is set to 100%, any other suggestions please. here is a Screen Cap of what it looks like[img]file:///C:/Users/karimb/Desktop/SShot.png[/img], just to make sure what i need help with is, my menu bar is limited only few tabs that are visible, Scene,Edit, and View, the rest are not there .Thanks in advance.

kberraho

Post by kberraho » 13 Apr 2016, 14:20

In case my upload image did not go successful Here is a link to the screen cap: not sure how to upload an image to this forum.
https://we.tl/83OkDxqUQo

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 13 Apr 2016, 15:02

Oh your Screen is correct, thats the "new" V5 Layout.

Where does the help refere to a non existing "menu". Could you please point out examples?

When you are coming from V4, yes its completely different design.
Feel free to ask anything :)

regArts
Dee

kberraho

Post by kberraho » 13 Apr 2016, 15:15

Oh I see, My apologies, i keep watching the tutorials on the website i believe it's from the previous version, and they spoke about the tools menu,Renderer,Node,Repository. like in the picture, i was confused on where are these located now. Thanks again.
link for Screencap https://we.tl/sb0bcrRXpN

stephen

Post by stephen » 14 Apr 2016, 09:08

Hi kberraho,

yes you are right, the Video Tutorials were made for Ventuz 4 - in Ventuz 5 we changed a lot of the User Interface to make it more accessible and remove all redundant Buttons and Options. So everything you see in the V4 Tutorials should still be available in the Ventuz 5 UI, but very often it won't be in the same location. Also all new features of V5 are not covered - like Layers, the new Material System etc.

It might be worth looking into the Designer section of the User Manual as well, since the User Manual has already been reworked - e.g.http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... tml?itm=20

Since we needed to change the workflow with Ventuz a lot for Version 5 we will also need to rework the tutorials a lot which we will definitely do in the future. Until then you will have to learn from the V4 Tutorials and the User Manual.

Still, whenever you find something odd in our Help Resources do not hesitate to ask or tell us!

Stephen

kberraho

Post by kberraho » 14 Apr 2016, 12:39

Sounds Good !! thank you very much for your help. I will keep an eye on the latest tutorial updates.