Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Set exact value in color difference kexer

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

chriss0212

Set exact value in color difference kexer

Post by chriss0212 » 13 Oct 2017, 08:59

Hi all,

i would like to use the color difference keyer, but i dont get how to adjust it to exact one color.

For eg: I have a video und in the BG i have 0,255,0 for keying... how can i adjust the parameters to exact this color?

Thx and greetings

Christian
Attachments
ColorDiffKey.PNG

Dennis

Re: Set exact value in color difference kexer

Post by Dennis » 13 Oct 2017, 11:39

Hey Chriss,

first thing to know: its not a Chroma Keyer, its a color difference keyer. This means it is not looking at an exact color to "eliminate" its looking for the differences between the pixels.
Basically if you use the Keyer with the default options it would look for the "real" green. If you used the Blue or Red option it will try to eliminate the real blue or red.

I have an old document attached which might explain a bit more, the order how to use and create a good matte...
There are some slight differences in the naming, but the procedure is the same.

I hope you can work with this document and it gives a little insight how the properties work together.

If you still have any questions, feel free to drop us a line :)

all the best and creative regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Edit: Here is the Zip
ColorDifferenceKeyer.zip
(41.89 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

chriss0212

Re: Set exact value in color difference kexer

Post by chriss0212 » 13 Oct 2017, 16:11

Hi Dennis,

thx for the document help file... will try again ;)

What i have done right now:
I have a live NDI-Input and feed it into to layers. First layer is configured as a Offscreen Layer. Here i have some Layer effects:
Greyscale-> Adjust Layer to grayscale
Gain and color correction: Adjust the layer, that you have a good Black/ White image what you can no feed into the second layer and use it as a mask!
Blur: With the blur you can adjust the edges... looks now a little bit like a drop shadow ;)

Seems to work very nice ;)

Everything except of the beach picture is now put on top of the beach with a "luma key" ;)

Greetings

Christian
Attachments
LumaKey.jpg