Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

AMD Ryzen Threadripper compatibility

All other topics about Ventuz 5 here.

Moderator: Support

savalish

AMD Ryzen Threadripper compatibility

Post by savalish » 29 Nov 2017, 12:56

Hi all,

I would like to build a new computer for Ventuz and I am thinking about AMD Ryzen Threadripper processor. Do you have any experience or suggestions for me? Can there be any compatibility issue with Ventuz, or are there any known benefits using AMD? Or I should stick with Intel Xeon (why not i7/i9)?

Thank you very much for any hint.

Jakub

lerou

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper compatibility

Post by lerou » 23 Jan 2018, 16:27

For a ventuz machine I'd use an i7 with a high single core frequency. I often reach the CPU limit due to the slow single-threaded scene validation. Xeon/i9/Threadripper/Ryzen have slower single-thread performance. Depending on the other things you do with that machine, you might go another way. The i7 does have a low number of PCI lanes, so if you use many addons like video input cards, you might get performance problems there. I'm currently building a machine with a Ryzen 7 1800X, not expecting any problems there (but also no performance benefit using Ventuz).