Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

When get we a working 3D importer back?

All other topics about Ventuz 5 here.

Moderator: Support

joschy

When get we a working 3D importer back?

Post by joschy » 04 Aug 2016, 12:35

Hi there,
I know the livestream importer for cinema4d stuff and it is great ... sometimes
BUT, there are other 3d packages out there and the current collada and fbx importer are not working as they should.
These days every 3D package is able to import/export 3D stuff in different formats that the content is interchangeable. And they work!
Why can't ventuz do this?
The solution to load a collade file with animation in ventuz4 and export it to V5 is a shame for a modern 3D application.

thank's
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

chriss0212

Re: When get we a working 3D importer back?

Post by chriss0212 » 04 Aug 2016, 12:56

+1

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 07 Aug 2016, 16:08

Hi,

we explained the issue already as you have been here in the office. in detail.
the actual workaround to get animations, and we are talking about TRS animations here, is to import in V4 save and open in V5.
All users with a valid V5 license should be able to install and run V4.

Again, V4 used our own importer (afaik), V5 is based on Assimp, animation curves from c4d are actually not possible.....
BUT, there are other 3d packages out there and the current collada and fbx importer are not working as they should.
These days every 3D package is able to import/export 3D stuff in different formats that the content is interchangeable. And they work!
Why can't ventuz do this?
I have not read ANY supportticket related to that?! Nor a call, nor anything of feedback trough the usual channels (support at... sad about ventuz... change in ventuz).
So, IF there are issues, please drop us a support mail and i can investigate this,....
Collada 1.4 is supported
FBX is...

i do interchange especially with these 2 formats between dozens of apps and ventuz....

Again, please drop us a line and attach example meshes/models...

Thank you :)

best regArts
Dennis

:ugeek:

joschy

Post by joschy » 09 Aug 2016, 09:20

Hello,
the issues for the cinema livelink is known ;)
I ask for working FBX/Collada importer with animations, the workaround is also known and I thought that this couldn't be the final solution to import 3D stuff...and start the thread.
All users with a valid V5 license should be able to install and run V4.
That is good to know...

The reason that I don't send a supportticket is, all the stuff is known and i only want to hear what is the roadmap for the FBX/Collada 3D importer with animation...

A sample is found here:
http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4173

I know you guys are busy and i don't want to waste your time, but a line about the intended workflow for 3D import through FBX/Collada would be nice ;)
Cinem3D is one side, but as mentioned before, there are other 3D packages out there.

thank's
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 09 Aug 2016, 10:16

Hoi,

to reiterate Dennis' point... if you run across 3D models that do not work in Ventuz, but do work elsewhere, let us know and if possible send us the model so we can identify the problem (and hopefully fix it).

As to importing animations, we will definitely get to it but don't have an ETA yet.