Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

VMS 2 and Manual update

All other topics about Ventuz 5 here.

Moderator: Support

Eric_RD

VMS 2 and Manual update

Post by Eric_RD » 30 Jun 2016, 11:15

Hi there,
I am currently working on a project with 12 Workstations and a total of 81 displays.
I am developing a software to maintain all PCs and remote controll them. Things like start, stop, failover etc. but also remote control Scenedata.
Unfortunately Ventuz 5 (VMS2) doesn't include the little telnet server Ventuz4 had =(.
So the whole page describing the VMS seems useless for Ventuz5 because it is only about VMS1.
Is there an easy way to adapt the TCP commands used in VMS1 to the HTTP requests used in VMS2?
--
The Documentation of Ventuz.Remoting4.MachineService.VMS2 Namespace in the APISDK.chm contains no information about any object used in this namespace
--
The help (online and offline) always referres to the old Ventuz 4 ports for Machine Discovery and VMS

Bjoern

Re: VMS 2 and Manual update

Post by Bjoern » 30 Jun 2016, 12:57

Hi,

you can still use the old VMS1 commands.

This rows in the table on the link you provide show the ports Ventuz 5 is using:
vmsvnetcfg 19405 TELNET TCP server Ventuz Machine Service (VMS)
vmsvnetcfg 19406 VMS Machine Discovery UDP server/client VMS Machine discovery

Ventuz 5 is listening on these ports because this way a Ventuz 5 installation will not collide with a Ventuz 4 installation.
Behind the scenes the server listening on 19405 does exactly what you tried to do: Mapping the VMS1 commands to VMS2 command for backwards compability.

About the documentation:
We do not provide information about VMS2 because the VMS2 API is still subject to change.
We are currently developing modules for VMS2 to make sure the API is easy to use and stable.
When this is ready we publish the API and you are even able to extend the VMS2 with your own modules.

Best Regards
-Bjoern Gdanietz-

Eric_RD

Post by Eric_RD » 30 Jun 2016, 13:25

Thanks for the quick reply, i have just overseen the third VMS port :oops:
Now everything makes perfect sense ;)
Eric

P.S. In my first post I linked to the wrong site. I ment the Ventuz Machine Service Site not the Port overview...

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern » 01 Jul 2016, 08:29

Oh, thank you for the notice. I will update that page for the next release to avoid confusion.

Eric_RD

Post by Eric_RD » 04 Jul 2016, 17:31

Cool, thanks.
For now I can:
Scan for Ventuz machines,
List projects on each machine,
Find identical Projects within a Ventuz Group,
Build and start a cluster,
Load the selected project into the cluster,
Load and activate a scene into the started project/cluster
Edit scene and project data.
Other thinks like Kill or reboot.

Which is all very nice, well implemented, easy to understand and fluent. (Good Job!)

The only thing I am missing are some VMS parameters.
For example I can't list all available Scenes within a Project.
The VMS Commandline says "502 NotImplemented [32]".
The c# wrapper call (VMSClient.Scenes(id)) throws a VMSClientResponseException "Not Implemented".
I tried .vpr Presentations and Project folders with .vzp and /scenes folder.
Scenes ins't the only one. The CLOCK command for example doesn't work either with the same Error Message. - TryGetFlyWheelClock() works, so this does't bother me.

Am I missing something again?

Here is an Example output of the VMS Terminal

Code: Select all

HELP
HELP : Displays this Help
HELO : Gets a Hello-response containing the IP-address of the Ventuz Machine Service
STATE : Gets status information about the current Ventuz connection
INFO : Gets information about the currently connected Ventuz process
GETCFG : Gets the current VMS configuration
SETCFG : Sets the VMS configuration
CLOCK : Gets the current cluster clock value of the connected Ventuz process
KILL : Kills the currently connected Ventuz process
KILLALL : Kills all Ventuz Runtime and Designer processes - regardless of their connection state
INST : Get available Ventuz installations
SCAN : re-scans the filesystem for Ventuz projects.
SCANSTATE : Get the state of the project scanner
PROJ [ProjectID|ProjectPath]: Lists all or a single Ventuz project found on the local system
SM <ProjectID|ProjectPath> <SceneIdentity>: Get SceneModel of a scene in a project
SCENES <ProjectID|ProjectPath> : Get all scenes in a project
START <ProjectID|ProjectPath> [Version] [-args]: Starts a Ventuz process
HW : Gets local hardware information
ID [<Name> <ID> <GroupID>]: Gets ot sets the Machine ID, Group ID and Name
OPT [DataItem [Value]] : Get Options DataModel or get/set value of an option
LST <MC|AV|RS> : List available Machine configs (MC), AV config (AV) or Render Setups (RS)
ACT <MC|AV|RS> [Name]: Gets or sets the active Machine config (MC), AV config (AV) or a Render Setup (RS)
GET <MC|AV|RS|VC> <Name>: Gets a Machine config (MC), AV config (AV), Render setup (RS) or Ventuz Config (VC)
SET <MC|AV|RS|VC> <Name> <length>: Sets a Machine config (MC), AV config (AV), Render Setup (RS) or Ventuz Config (VC)
DEL <MC|AV|RS> <Name>: Deleted a Machine config (MC), AV config (AV) or a Render Setup (RS)
REN <MC|AV|RS> <Name> <NewName>: Renames a Machine config (MC), AV config (AV) or a Render Setup (RS)
EXIT : Exits the current session
REBOOT : Reboots the machine the VMS is running on
SHUTDOWN : Shuts down the machine the VMS is running on

SCENES
502 NotImplemented [33]
Command not implemented: SCENES
CLOCK
502 NotImplemented [32]
Command not implemented: CLOCK
HELO
250 Completed [36]
VZ_Eric_WS Hello [127.0.0.1:58778]
INFO
550 NotAvailable [27]
Information not available
SCAN
200 Ok [18]
Scan started ...

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 15 Dec 2016, 00:24

Any luck getting the VMS to return a scene list? I am having the same issue. I am testing this by cycling through all projects (VMSProjectDetails objects) in the VMSClient using Proj(null). The project details are available and I can get the ID or FullPath but when I call Scenes() with either the ID or FullPath I get the same NotImplemented error as you get.

Bjoern

Post by Bjoern » 15 Dec 2016, 15:40

The next releases (5.2.2 and 5.3) will have the commands SCENE, SM and CLOCK implemented in the VMS1 backward compatibility layer.

@Eric_RD
Sorry for the late (!) response. My forum user setting "Notify me upon replies by default" wasn't enabled.