Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render to Disk codec problem

All other topics about Ventuz 5 here.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Render to Disk codec problem

Post by joysprod » 05 May 2016, 13:58

I was wondering if there are any specific settings Ventuz uses when rendering to disk with a particular codec?

I have a pixel space of 9,600x1200 pixels. If I output an animation as a HuffyUV animation at 60fps from 'Render to Disk', when re-imported as a movie file into Ventuz, its plays without skipping. Just what I need.

If I output the same animation as a Quicktime Animation of course this will not play within Ventuz. Taking it through myFFmpeg ( a nice Windows front end) and converting to HuffyUV gives me a file that does not play at all smoothly.

Are there any specific settings that Ventuz automatically uses when outputting to video files with the HuffyUV codec? Does anyone have any tweaks or settings that can be applied in myFFmpeg?

Regards

Peter

joysprod

Re: Render to Disk codec problem

Post by joysprod » 06 May 2016, 09:50

Answering my own question having rendered 30 different versions with varying HuffyUV settings. I found a few that are performing nicely.

For those who need video playback, and need to make HuffyUV files there is a great Windows Interface called myFFmpeg that is an interface to FFmpeg encoder. You do not need to use command line interface. Installing the HuffyUV codec is relatively straight forward. Just Google it. There are some videos on the web.

This Codec makes big files but I am using an NVME 512Gb Samsung Pro that is delivering me some great movie playback.

Peter