Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

multi-channel show

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.
donLawrence

multi-channel show

Post by donLawrence » 28 Jun 2016, 20:50

I have watched the tutorial "Ventuz Director Tutorial 08 - Multichannel Shows" on the Ventuz web site and am still unable to get two channels working properly.

I am trying to run a Director show off a laptop that will control a media server computer. I have set up two channels called "Slot A" and "Slot B" and have made Property Windows and Playlists for each, but I am unable to use a template for my second channel.

I am attaching screen shots of my Timeline and Topology.

I realize this is a basic question, but I must start somewhere. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Don
Attachments
screen-shot-Director-topology.jpg
screen-shot-Director-timeline.jpg

Götz_B

Re: multi-channel show

Post by Götz_B » 06 Jul 2016, 12:50

Hi,

the thing is, the Director needs to have a point where to load that template to. One channel is easy, Ventuz just loads it in the default port of the engine (like loading one scene in Designer).
To use multiple channels, your project needs a layout scene with multiple scene ports:

http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... ayoutScene

Götz

Note: In V4 use scene ports. If you upgrade to V5, you should use Scene Layers.